Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Bobby.

Author Posts
May 8, 2023 at 8:00 pm #13608717

suska

I am trying to edit some custom fields in the secondary language, but there is a lock that is appearing and they cannot be edited. Please see the screenshot.
I have tried to edit the settings on WPML and changed the setting for the fields to 'Translate' instead of 'Copy', but nothing has happened.

Can you help, as I need these fields to be editable for all the products in the past and in the future!

Screenshot 2023-05-08 at 9.57.59 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-05-08 at 9.57.37 PM.png
May 9, 2023 at 2:09 am #13609343

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

For being of better help, please provide your WPML Debug information in the debug field below.

http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Are these custom fields you created using ACF? If yes, please verify you are using our glue plugin ACFML and follow the guide linked below to control the translation choice per field.

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/

Let me know your results, please.

May 10, 2023 at 8:00 pm #13626483

suska

Hey there Bobby! I have added the debug info.

Yes i am using Advanced Custom Fields Multilingual plugin of course.
Still no luck, maybe you can tell me why?

May 11, 2023 at 4:56 pm #13632195

Bobby
Supporter

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to test the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

**Before we proceed It is necessary to take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website. Providing us with access, you agree that a backup has been taken **

I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you enter is private which means only you and I have access to it.

NOTE: If access to the live site is not possible and the staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin.

Thank you,
Bobby

May 15, 2023 at 7:46 pm #13651037

Bobby
Supporter

The fields are locked indeed because they are set to "copy" which will ensure they are synced with the default language.

Go to ACF->Field Groups->Products->Multtilingual Content Setup -> Set to Do not make 'Field Groups' translatable

Then Select "Different fields across languages" This will set the fields to "translate" and save.

Once done go to Products->Edit your produce in the default language->update and now access the translation

See here:
hidden link

Screen Shot 2023-05-15 at 12.44.12 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-05-15 at 12.41.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-05-15 at 12.39.03 PM.png
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.