Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nicolas Viallet 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Nicolas Viallet.

Author Posts
October 19, 2023 at 11:01 am #14614133

annikaN-2

Tell us what you are trying to do? I try to translate the different search term and find them in stringtranslation but it doesn't show on the live page

Is there any documentation that you are following? No have used wpml for years

Is there a similar example that we can see? No but I will add a screenshot where not Apply Filters and What you are looking for? not is translated

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Screenshot (41).png
October 20, 2023 at 2:04 pm #14624315

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I visited your site but I'm not sure to understand what is the issue. I checked the English version and I can see that those filters (beaches, sights ...) are displayed correctly in English. Did you manage to fix them?

If the issue persist, please give me clear instructions on how to reproduce it please.

As a general answer, please follow the following documentation to find strings:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/
In particular:
- Scanning the Theme or Plugin
- Translating Admin and Settings Strings

October 20, 2023 at 2:31 pm #14624847

annikaN-2

Hi,
The problem is not the English version is the Swedish that I send you a screenshoot of which should be in Swedish but you can see Apply Filters button (While the Reset Filters is translated and I have string translate both) and search field What you are looking for?

Thanks

October 20, 2023 at 10:07 pm #14627295

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello,

Thanks for the clarification. Would you be willing to give me an admin access to have a closer look - preferably to a test site where the issue has been replicated – so I can further investigate?

I will activate a private field for your next answer where you can provide that information safely (this field is only visible by you and the support team). Don't share your own admin account, create a new one that you will delete when we finish troubleshooting.

IMPORTANT: Before we proceed, please backup your site and database.

Also, if "Plugin file editor" and "Theme file editor" are not available in your dashboard, can you temporarily install "WP File Manager". I want to find the file using that string and see if it's correctly registered for translation.

October 23, 2023 at 12:21 pm #14637955

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hey,

Thank you for the access. Give me a moment to get familiar with your site and I'll come back with my findings.

October 23, 2023 at 12:34 pm #14638127

annikaN-2

Thank you

October 23, 2023 at 1:24 pm #14638439

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello again,

I checked the plugin's code (directorist/templates/search-form/buttons.php): the reset button and the apply filters button are both using texts from the settings page.

I checked your settings page (hidden link)
and I realized that the "Reset" text (Återställ filter) is replaced on the frontend by the "Apply Filters" text (Använd filter).

Did I miss something? I think there is an issue here in the first place with the plugin itself because those texts are used in the wrong place. If I'm right, could you please contact the plugin author?
Because it's a production site I didn't want to run further tests. But can you try to update those texts or leave them empty? If think that if you leave the empty then "default" strings from the plugin itself will be used (English strings), and those are translatable in "WPML > String Translation"

October 24, 2023 at 5:05 am #14642049

annikaN-2

Good morning,
Thank you for your effort and I have now wrote to Directorist and see what the say. But there is issues all the time with the translations and we bought this directory plugin because both them and you said it was compatible with WPML but seems not so maybe you together could have a look at the issues.

Thanks,
Annika

October 24, 2023 at 5:47 am #14642291

annikaN-2

Hi again,
Also this doesn't work under Filter, "What are you looking for?", I have translated in string translation. Can you please have a look.

hidden link

Thanks,
Annika

October 24, 2023 at 6:57 am #14642619

annikaN-2

Sorry for all the messages but now suddenly both the buttons Reset and Apply Filters is in English. It worked for a while and showed correct but then again same

October 24, 2023 at 11:37 pm #14651487

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello,

It seems to work corretly now.

- I went to "WPML > String Translation" and search for the English labels.
- Some were registered as Norwegian, but it's easy to change the language source to English by clicking on "Change the language of selected strings"
- Then you only need to add the translation.

Please see the video of my intervention: hidden link

October 25, 2023 at 5:39 am #14652125

annikaN-2

Hi again,
Thank you for the video, I never used this and it solved some but still "All Items" and "What are you looking for?" doesn't translate.

Thanks,
Annika

October 25, 2023 at 2:57 pm #14662521

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hi,

I think I'm getting to know the plugin now 😉
1. You can change the placeholder "What are you looking for?" directly in the Directory builder. Select the right directory and go to "Search Form" and then inside the "Search bar" settings.
- Translation: You can translate each directory and set a different placeholder.
2. And for the "% All items" text, that the header title you gave in the shortcode used.
- Translation: Note that when you will translate this page (amorgos-test) you will be able to find that header title from the shortcode by using the search bar at the top left inside our translation editor.

screenshot-2023.10.25-09_51_30.png
screenshot-2023.10.25-09_52_17.png
October 26, 2023 at 2:01 pm #14671255

annikaN-2

Thank you ever so much and I think the plugin is very confusing because you translate here and there.

All the best,
Annika

annikaN-2 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2023-10-26 14:01:39.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.