Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqas Bin Hasan 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqas Bin Hasan.

Author Posts
August 23, 2022 at 5:59 pm #11915385

seaghanm

Dear WPML Team

I have a website hidden link Multilanguage with Irish and English

I enable ET Theme Builder from the WPML setting also the Theme builder body template, but when i change anything in product categories it does not apply to product categories.

It only works well on the Irish language, but on the English product category is not working.

If you could help to fix this issue as soon as possible i would really appreciate this.

Thank you so much

Theme-Builder-‹-Leabhar-Breac-—-WordPress.jpg
August 24, 2022 at 8:56 am #11919089

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the support.

I see that the "WP Memory Limit" is set to 40M. WPML requires a memory limit of at least 128MB while 256MB is recommended. See https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/ for detailed information. You can set WP Memory Limit in your wp-config.php file by adding following code:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

See https://wordpress.org/support/article/editing-wp-config-php/#increasing-memory-allocated-to-php for details. Increasing WP Memory may help improve the performance.

Once the above is fixed, please try looking into following guides and see if you're not missing anything:

- https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/divi-builder/
- https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-post-categories-and-custom-taxonomies/

Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue. Or I'll try my best to further assist you on the matter.

Regards.

August 24, 2022 at 11:35 am #11921219

seaghanm

Thank you so much for your response

I have updated the memory as you mentioned, but the issue still the same.

English version DIVI Theme builder for all product categories does not change anything. maybe some setting is not correct on WPML? if you would like to check i could share the credentials.

Thank you so much

August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm #11923363

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for trying that.

May I ask for admin access to your website to check the issue in detail? You can create a separate admin user for this purpose, which can be deleted afterwards.

Also please provide following detail to investigate/observe the issue:

- detailed steps to reproduce the issue
- links to pages in admin and on frontend
- screenshots or screen recording if needed to explain
- any other relevant information to observe/investigate the issue

Please remember to take full backup of your website and database before proceeding. However, a staging/test site is highly recommended, because I may need to try some changes/fixes on the site, which may cause conflicts with the live site otherwise. Please confirm it in your next reply or let me know if you do not agree with the mentioned.

I've set your next reply as private to share this information safely.

IMPORTANT: If you don't see the section for providing access information, please do not write in the message box or the information may appear as public.

Please see https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/ for details on privacy and security.

Regards.

August 25, 2022 at 8:51 am #11927201

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for providing the access.

Before continuing on the site, I'll need your confirmation and approval on each of the followings, in reply to this message:

1) Is this your staging/dev site, since address looks like a live site?
2) Is it OK to try some changes/fixes and/or activate/deactivate/install a plugin on the site, which may cause conflicts with the other parts of the site?
3) Have you taken full backup of your website and database?

Please confirm, thanks.

August 25, 2022 at 12:32 pm #11928803

seaghanm

Hello!

Yes it's a live website but it's a copy of .com and it's okay you can add activate/deactivate the plugins.

We have a full backup for this website please go ahead and check the issue with the website.

Thank you so much

August 25, 2022 at 1:52 pm #11929597

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your confirmation.

I am working on this and 'll get back to you as soon as I find something or have a solution.

Regards.

August 26, 2022 at 1:25 pm #11937737

seaghanm

Thank you!
I did a fresh copy for you on the .net website and ensured that the wp-config.php and max-upload etc. were similar.

August 30, 2022 at 5:54 am #11953965

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

I was able to login to your site and checked again for the issue. I translated that "All Product Category Pages" (Body template) and translations were just fine.

I went a little further and switched theme to Divi (parent one) and checked /product-category/neamh-fhicsean/ on frontend. It is working just fine and receiving all the changes from your design template.

Translations are also working fine. To translate products please use WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency -> Products. I translated one (Léann 6 -> Read 6) and noticed that it has several fields missing translations and was not 100% completed. So I only translated Title using Google Translate to see the difference, while I copied same Irish text for rest of the fields and made it 100%. A translation which is not 100% complete, 'll not show correctly on frontend.

So apparently these are not WPML related issues but:

A) Your child theme needs some care on design side and some compatibility with WPML and I'll advise you to contact theme author for this.
B) You need to translate Products completely (100%) to make them visible correctly and translated on frontend.

I've attached all the screenshots here, please notice file names to understand what it is referring to. Some screenshots also show browser's inspector console open where it shows that the image part for category is properly laid out for Divi Parent/main theme while the Child theme somehow missing it.

- The screenshots ending with "divi parent" are referring to Divi main/parent theme. With this theme everything is identical.
- While, "divi child" are referring to the Divi Child theme (currently active and the theme in question). This theme needs proper compatibility with WPML and Design.

Regards.

Irish - translation and design - divi parent.jpg
Irish - translation - divi child.jpg
Irish - divi parent.jpg
Irish - divi child.jpg
English - translation and design - divi parent.jpg
English - translation - divi child.jpg
English - divi parent.jpg
English - divi child.jpg
August 30, 2022 at 11:21 am #11956561

seaghanm

This is super, really fantastic, really clear and helpful!! thank you so much for your really high standard of analysis and help!! I am really impressed and thankful!

August 30, 2022 at 12:37 pm #11957445

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your understanding, cooperation and appreciation.

Should we consider this matter solved? Please feel free to mark the ticket as resolved and open a new one whenever you need WPML help related in the future.

Have a great day!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.