Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client added a drop-down language switcher to the main menu and styled it to match the menu items, but encountered an issue where the switcher did not have a transparent background. Additionally, there was an unstyled switcher appearing on the right side of the menu on the home page.
Solution:
We suggested that the unstyled switcher might be generated by a different plugin or the current theme. To resolve this, we recommended disabling the switcher from the backend of the site if the plugin or theme provides such an option. Alternatively, the switcher can be hidden using CSS code. We offered to provide a CSS code example to hide the switcher if we had access to the site.

Please note that this solution might be outdated or not applicable to your case. If the issue persists, we highly recommend checking the related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If you still need assistance, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
February 23, 2024 at 2:12 pm #15338193

dariod-33

I added a drop-down switch to my Main Menu and I stylized as the menu items, apart that it looks like it is not possible to have a transparent background. However, if I go to the home page, there is second not-stylized switch to the right side of menu. Why?

double-switches.jpg
February 23, 2024 at 4:05 pm #15338665

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

I am not able to access the site due to the "maintenance mode" but that is probably served either by a different plugin or by the current theme.

This should be disabled from the backend of the site (if that plugin/theme) has an option for this or it can be hidden with CSS code.

If I would have access to the site, I could also share a code example if you need that.

Mihai Apetrei

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.