Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Client is experiencing issues with Elementor and customization not working, which has occurred before but seemed to resolve itself.

Solution:
If you're experiencing similar issues with Elementor and customization, we recommend following these troubleshooting steps to identify a potential compatibility issue:

- First, ensure you have a full backup of your website.

- Deactivate all plugins except for WPML and its add-ons.

- Check if the issue persists.

- If the issue is resolved, reactivate your plugins one by one, testing after each to pinpoint the problematic plugin.

- If the issue still occurs with only WPML plugins active, switch to a default WordPress theme like TwentySeventeen and test again.

We suggest performing these steps in a staging environment if possible.

Please note that the solution provided might not be relevant if it's outdated or not applicable to your case. If the issue persists, we highly recommend checking the related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and ensuring you have the latest versions of themes and plugins installed. If you still need assistance, please don't hesitate to open a new support ticket. You can reach out to us on the WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
April 11, 2024 at 7:51 am #15507528

thomasM-145

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Elementor and customization is not working

This problem happened again in the past but it seems to have corrected itself

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

wpml support.png
April 11, 2024 at 10:46 pm #15511035

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

In the past, there have been reported similar issues with the same error and, in the end, it seems that there was (at least) one of the active plugins that was generating this type of error (or the active theme) due to a compatibility issue between WPML and that plugin/theme.

Can you please let me know if it still happens even when only the WPML plugins are active and you are using a default WordPress theme?

Please try the following steps so that we can test for a compatibility-related issue:

- create a full website backup

- disable all plugins except WPML and its add-ons

- check if the issue is happening again

- if it's not, reactivate your plugins one by one, checking every time if the issue shows up again so that you can understand which plugin is causing that issue

If the issue happens even with the non-WPML plugins disabled:
- leave all the non-WPML plugins deactivated

- switch to a default theme like TwentySeventeen

- try to recreate the issue now

If you have the chance, it would be best to do this in a staging (testing) environment.

Please let me know how that goes and if following any of these steps solved your issue or brought any change.

I will be waiting for your response.

Mihai Apetrei

April 12, 2024 at 12:50 pm #15513006

thomasM-145

thanks for the help. Basically i hid the debug info and cleared my computer cache and this seems to have done the trick so probably the problem was local.

Thanks for the help anyways

thomasM-145 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-04-12 12:50:54.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.