Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client was experiencing issues with translating the Features list element in portfolios and pages using WPBakery. Despite following WPML settings to translate custom fields, the translation was not working.

Solution:
We recommended the following steps:
1) Ensure a backup of the website is made.
2) Open the 'About Us' page for editing in the original language (Arabic).
3) Make minor changes to the content to refresh the language settings.
4) Update the page.
5) Open the English translation for editing in WPML's Advanced Translation Editor.
6) Search for the Features list values and ensure they are available for translation.

Additionally, we modified the language configuration and added it to WPML >> Settings >> Custom XML Configuration.

Please note that this solution might be outdated or not applicable to your case. If the issue persists, we highly recommend checking the related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If necessary, please open a new support ticket for further assistance.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.31 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Bigul.

Author Posts
February 6, 2024 at 9:00 am #15269548

ghilanA

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have some issues with the translation of some fields in portfolios and pages as the follows:

Features list element with WPBakery in pages can't translated into the English language as shown in attached photo 2 "page issue".

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Yes, with the WPML setting .. Translate custom fields... I changed some fields with the same names to translate the choice, but it didn't work.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Yes, find the attached photos or the following links

hidden link

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

15262947-2_page_issue.jpg
February 6, 2024 at 10:08 am #15270306

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Vienna (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

Please check the attached images. The Features list elements are stored in the database in encoded format. The theme author has added language configuration for it. So as part of testing, I made a change in the language configuration and added it in WPML>>Settings>>Custom XML Configuration.

Please try the following steps after a backup and let us know your feedback.

1) Open the About Us page for editing in Arabic
2) Make minor changes in the contents to refresh the language settings
3) Update the page
4) Open the English translation for editing in WPML Advanced Translation Editor
5) Search for the Features list values
6) Make sure the values are showing for translation

--
Thanks!

Bigul

2024-02-06_15h05_27.png
2024-02-06_15h00_14.png
2024-02-06_14h59_25.png
February 7, 2024 at 12:04 am #15274178

ghilanA

Hi Bigul,
it works fine. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

ghilanA confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-02-07 00:04:51.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.