Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jeremyL-10 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Waqas Bin Hasan.

Author Posts
March 13, 2023 at 7:02 pm #13236243

jeremyL-10

Tell us what you are trying to do?

We have an English language RFQ form that needs to be translated into Japanese.

We have Gravity form multilingual plugin installed.

We translated the RFQ form as per the usual translation work flow and the system gives it a green mark for Japanese translation.

However, this Japanese form is nowhere to be seen. When we try to embed the form on a Japanese language page on the website, it doesn't work. On the front end, the form always jumps to the English version, flipping the whole website into English with it. What gives?
How do we fix this?

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

Translations-‹-Iridian-Spectral-Technologies-—-WordPress.png
March 14, 2023 at 9:05 am #13240131

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the support.

May I ask for some URLs to those specific pages on frontend where I can see this happening?

Secondly, can you check this guide and see if nothing is missed? https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/gravity-forms-multilingual/.

Besides these, I'll advise to update all WPML plugins to latest versions. You can try this by going to Plugins -> Add New -> Commercial -> Check for updates or manually downloading from https://wpml.org/account/downloads/ and uploading via Plugins -> Add New -> Upload.

IMPORTANT: Take full backup of your website and database beforehand.

Once updated, please try again. Also try by creating a new test form, translate it, insert in the page and check if the same issue happens? If new form doesn't create a problem, then you may need to recreate the form in question.

Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue. Or I'll try my best to further assist you on the matter.

Regards.

March 14, 2023 at 7:37 pm #13246237

jeremyL-10

Nothing is missed. All my WPML plugins are up to date.
The form is translated. Where do I find the Japanese version?

gravity form - translation complete.png
March 15, 2023 at 7:36 am #13248581

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for the updates.

May I ask for admin access to your website to check the issue in detail? You can create a separate admin user for this purpose, which can be deleted afterwards.

Also provide following detail to investigate/observe the issue:

- detailed steps to reproduce the issue
- links to pages in admin and on frontend
- screenshots or screen recording if needed to explain
- any other relevant information to observe/investigate the issue

Remember to take full backup of your website and database before proceeding. However, a staging/test site is highly recommended, because I may need to try some changes/fixes on the site, which may cause conflicts with the live site otherwise. Please confirm it in your next reply or let me know if you do not agree with the mentioned.

I've set your next reply as private to share this information safely.

IMPORTANT: If you don't see the section for providing access information, do not write in the message box or the information may appear as public.

See https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/ for details on privacy and security.

Before continuing on the site, I'll also need your confirmation and approval on each of the followings:

1) Is this a Live/Production or Staging/Dev site?
2) Is it OK to work on this site?
3) Is it OK to try some changes/fixes on the site and/or activate/deactivate/install a plugin on the site, which may cause conflicts with the other parts of the site?
4) Have you taken full backup of your website and database?

Please confirm, thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.