Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 8.62 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by raduN 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Mohamed Sayed.

Author Posts
November 28, 2022 at 9:45 am #12544819

raduN

Hi

I'm using Jupiter theme with Elementor Builder.
For header and footer I use elementor templates - they are translated from Romanian (the default language) to English.
But switching between languages doesn't change how these templates are displayed.

Also, I have read the tutorial on Elementor and past tickets from other users, so please do not reffer me to documentation for I have not found the answer 🙂

Screenshots attached.
Please advise.

Regards,
Radu

2022-11-28 (7).png
2022-11-28 (8).png
2022-11-28 (9).png
2022-11-28 (10).png
2022-11-28 (4).png
2022-11-28 (5).png
2022-11-28 (2).jpg
2022-11-28 (3).jpg
November 28, 2022 at 1:26 pm #12547125

Mohamed Sayed

Hi Radu,
Thanks for contacting WPML support.

The screenshots show that the "Layout builder" is still in beta, so it could be not compatible yet as I can't find any details about it in our JupiterX guide (https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/build-multilingual-websites-jupiter-x-theme-wpml/).

Please create a full database and website backup then go to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting page, and click the following:

- Clear the Cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Fix WPML table collation
- Set language information
- Fix post type assignment for translations

If that didn't help, please try this:

I have created this clean sandbox setup on our servers here:
hidden link (one-click login)

I would need you to please set up WPML + the WPML add-ons as you have them on your site (they are already installed) and to also install the theme/plugin and try to recreate the issue.

Please don't install anything else like plugins that are not necessary, on a clean sandbox we try to use just the WPML plugins and the plugin/theme that's part of the issue

If the issue is going to take place on this clean setup on our servers too, then I can forward this to our compatibility department.

Please let me know how that goes and what you are able to find.

Regards,
Mohamed

November 30, 2022 at 10:21 am #12561631

raduN

Hello
I have checked all the steps in WPML > Support > Troubleshooting page ---still the same error
I have recreated a page plus the header and footer on the sandbox -- the same issue appears.
(I could not translate the page content, don't know why, but is not relevant since the problem is in the header and footer templates)

November 30, 2022 at 1:48 pm #12563253

Mohamed Sayed

Hi,

I made more tests but I couldn't find any clues, I'm consulting our 2nd tier supporters and will update you once I get their feedback.

Regards,
Mohamed

November 30, 2022 at 6:41 pm #12565731

Mohamed Sayed

Hi,

Our 2nd tier supporters found that the issue was already reported to our developers and we will contact the theme authors about it.

At the moment, please try the following workaround after creating a full backup:

1. Edit the wp-content\plugins\jupiterx-core\includes\condition\classes\apply-condition.php file.

2. Around line 224, replace the following snippet:

private function render_layout_builder( $id, $priority ) {
		if ( ! defined( 'ELEMENTOR_PATH' ) ) {
			return;
		}

With:

private function render_layout_builder( $id, $priority ) {
		if ( ! defined( 'ELEMENTOR_PATH' ) ) {
			return;
		}

// WPML Workaround for compsupp-6510
		if (class_exists('SitePress')) {
			$id = apply_filters( 'wpml_object_id', $id, 'elementor_library', TRUE  );
		}

I applied the above changes to the sandbox site and it works as you can see here hidden link

Regards,
Mohamed

November 30, 2022 at 6:43 pm #12565735

raduN

Thank you, Mohamed!

Meanwhile, is it possible to have 2 different heders: one for romanian and one for english? so, with different content, without translations.
And to show each header for the appropiate language.
I'm thinking of workaround, cause I'm on a live site.

Regards

November 30, 2022 at 9:16 pm #12566231

Mohamed Sayed

Hi,

I don't think this will be possible as the issue is related to the layout builder conditions, it uses the original template ID instead of the translated one.

So even if we created a different template for each language, there is no way to use the other ID on the secondary language and the theme will keep using the ID of the template you set in the default language.

To avoid any issues, you can test the above fix on a staging site first and create a full backup of the live site before applying there. I also suggest contacting the theme authors and sharing this issue with them, maybe they can provide another workaround.

Regards,
Mohamed

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.