Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client needed to know if the settings for MailChimp, such as audience name and tags, associated with the translated Gravity Forms remain intact or if it's possible to 'translate' these settings as well.

Solution:
We informed the client that when translating a form using the WPML editor, the form in all languages is treated as one form and adds one tag. Therefore, having different tags/settings per language is not possible. We recommended that the client should create two separate forms, one for each language, and add the specific tags in each one as a workaround.

Please note that this solution might be irrelevant due to being outdated or not applicable to your case. If so, we encourage you to open a new support ticket. We also highly recommend checking related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If further assistance is needed, please contact us in the WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
March 23, 2024 at 5:35 pm #15443392

lidijaH

Hi,

I have recently translated a client's website into French, including the Gravity Forms. These forms are integrated with MailChimp, tagging audiences with specific tags.

We aim to direct submissions from the French version of the site to a distinct MailChimp audience list.

My question is: Do the settings for MailChimp (such as audience name and tags) associated with the translated forms remain intact, or is it possible to 'translate' these settings as well?

Alternatively, should I replicate the Gravity Form, modify the MailChimp audience and tags accordingly, and then deploy it on the French site?

I appreciate any advice you can offer. Thank you.

March 24, 2024 at 3:24 pm #15443951

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

1) Please check this guide to know more about translating Gravity Forms. (https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/gravity-forms-multilingual/)

After translating the form, you can connect the translated form to a MailChimp list by editing the translated form in the WordPress editor.

2) Could you please share your Debug information with me?
You can read a detailed explanation about it here. (http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support)
The debug info will give me much information about how your site is configured.

Best regards,
Osama

March 27, 2024 at 8:01 am #15453790

lidijaH

Hi Osama

Thanks for your response. I translated the form following the instructions you provided.

How can I edit the translated form in the WordPress editor? Where do I access the translated form?

Thanks.

March 27, 2024 at 1:41 pm #15455890

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

I'm sorry about that. Gravity doesn't allow users to edit the translated forms using the WordPress editor.

Please login to this sandbox site and try to replicate the issue. (hidden link)

If the issue is reproducible, please let me know the steps to reproduce it so I can consult our second-tier support team.

From your first message, I don't know if Mailchimp strings are translatable, so we need to replicate the issue.

The creating form per language approach could work, but I'm not sure if it will fix the issue.

Best regards,
Osama

March 27, 2024 at 3:14 pm #15456700

lidijaH

Hi Osama,

I'm facing a challenge with reproducing an issue in your sandbox environment because it lacks the MailChimp add-on and an associated account. However, my primary concern isn't about an 'issue' per se, but rather about how to manage translations for Gravity Forms that are integrated with MailChimp. Specifically, my aim is to link forms to a particular MailChimp audience and assign tags to the entries for that audience list.

For forms that are translated, I would like the flexibility to tag entries differently and perhaps even select a different MailChimp list within the same account.

Could you clarify if this functionality is achievable with the current translation capabilities of Gravity Forms? Or, will I need to create a separate form for each language to accomplish this?

March 27, 2024 at 3:24 pm #15456819

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

1) You can install the Mailchimp add-on on the sandbox site to replicate the same setup.

2) If the Mailchimp settings can be seen in the translation editor, you can translate them and add different tags to the translated form.

If not, you might need to create different forms per language.

Best regards,
Osama

March 28, 2024 at 8:57 am #15459374

lidijaH

Hi Osama

You are right, MailChimp add-on is not a problem, I cannot connect my client's MailChimp to your sandbox. What do you suggest?

Thanks.

March 28, 2024 at 1:20 pm #15460809

lidijaH

Please communicate the MailChimp code

March 28, 2024 at 1:21 pm #15460812

Osama Mersal
Supporter

March 28, 2024 at 1:40 pm #15461017

lidijaH

Hi Osama
I imported and translated the form in your sandbox environment, but did not see any MailChimp-related terms like Audience List or tags available for translation.
Can you please take it from here?

March 28, 2024 at 3:55 pm #15461635

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for replicating the issue. I added the tags and translated the form. (hidden link)

The form in all languages is treated like one form and adds one tag, so having tags/settings per language is not possible when translating the form using the WPML editor.

Please test adding two forms, one per language, and adding the tags in each one to see if that will be a workaround for your issue.

Best regards,
Osama

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.