Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -
- 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Subash Chandra Poudel 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Subash Chandra Poudel.

Author Posts
August 21, 2023 at 8:47 pm #14266817

Hugo Maffre

Hello,

With supporter Subash Chandra Poudel we worked on this issue on the following thread :
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-changes-links-targets-to-media-urls-in-posts/

I am trying to:
In an post, put a link to another post (in the same language).

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
Second red link below the picture.

I expected to see:
hidden link in the link's src attribute.

Instead, I got:
hidden link
It leads to a media file added to this page. Very strange behaviour, the exact media file url is not even this one, I don't understand how this does not lead to a 404.

The issue is here when I put HTTPS in the "Site Address (URL)" setting.
Setting HTTP resolves the issue. Something I don't wan't to do, forcing a 301 redirect to https with an http standard URL appears to have a very bad effect on SEO.

Is there any other solution for this issue?

Regards

August 23, 2023 at 1:43 am #14274177

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

Sure, we can revisit the issue and look into the issue further.

I would need to take a closer look at your site. So would you please mind sharing temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site? Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated.

I have enabled a private reply for you to share the credentials securely, which means only you and I have access to it.

IMPORTANT: Please take a complete backup of the site first to avoid data loss.

✙ I would additionally need your permission to make a copy of the site with plugins like Duplicator and deploy it on my local machine to test the issue further.

Regards,
Subash

August 25, 2023 at 1:06 pm #14292071

Hugo Maffre

You can see the issue on this post :
hidden link

The first link below the image leads to hidden link (OK) when the URL is set to hidden link

When the URL is set to hidden link, it becomes "hidden link", witch is not OK.

Thanks a lot

August 28, 2023 at 12:14 pm #14300713

Subash Chandra Poudel

Thank you for the details.

To test the issue further I created a test page and translated it hidden link But looks like the issue is no longer there.

As you found out in the last ticket I recommend you to:

- Remove the Really Simple SSL plugin.
- Make sure the WordPress Address (URL) and Site Address (URL) at Settings -> General are set to https:// URL of the site.

If the issue still persists, please send me the exact steps to replicate the issue again.

Regards,
Subash

September 1, 2023 at 1:26 pm #14326841

Hugo Maffre

The issue happens on blogs posts and with the french language.
I took your exact post content, pasted it on a french blog post and look, the issue is here :
hidden link

I tried several things with the htaccess, but as I don't understand the issue itself, I struggle to find a solution. Why is WPML rewriting links like that ?

Hugo

September 5, 2023 at 6:40 pm #14346911

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi Hugo,

Thank you for more context. Yes, I can recreate the issue now.

As far as I understand the URLs rewrite is being made by some other plugins and not WPML. However I am testing the issue further to determine.

While I am working on the issue, I also see the rewrite of the trail post URLs is actually done to the gpx file attached to the trail post in the "GPS file" custom field.

If you could share more info on how this file is attached to the post type and if there are some custom code or setup surrounding this it will help me further investigate the issue.

Regards,
Subash

The topic ‘[Closed] HTTPS in "Site Address (URL)" setting makes WPML rewriting links weirdly’ is closed to new replies.