Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.76 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
January 20, 2023 at 8:57 am #12857265

Michael

I am trying to:
Edit posts belonging to Scientific Products post type. Posts belonging to specific category displays a white screen when I try to edit them.
It is related to the following support ticket with the cleanup robot closed before a solution (and not a workaround) is found.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/some-custom-taxonomies-are-missing-and-edit-custom-post-types-problem/

After activating WPML, many categories in Scientific Products were missing. I followed the process mentioned in the ticket, and they appeared. However, the other problem is still there.

For example, the following product
hidden link

Please request the login details to send you the credentials.

January 22, 2023 at 7:17 am #12865705

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

By following these steps, could you please check if the issue persists in a minimal environment on your staging site?

1- Deactivate all the plugins except WPML CMS.
2- Switch to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Twenty-one.
3- Edit the custom post type.

If the issue is gone, activate them one by one to see which is causing an interaction issue.

❌ Please backup your database before performing the above test ❌

Best regards,
Osama

January 22, 2023 at 11:02 am #12866375

Michael

Hi,

hidden link is a staging site for hidden link. The only addition is the WPML plugin. In the original site (without WPML plugin) everything work fine and I can edit the problematic posts. So, I assume that the problem is in WPML side.

January 22, 2023 at 11:04 am #12866377

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for your update. I would need to look closely at your site, so I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP)
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

Your next answer will be private, which means only you and I can access it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate the Plugins and the Theme and change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

✙ I also need your permission to take a local copy of your site to debug the issue without affecting your live site.

Best regards,
Osama

January 22, 2023 at 3:15 pm #12866915

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for the access details. There is a fatal error on your site while editing the custom CPT from Toolset Blocks.

[22-Jan-2023 14:53:11 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: Wrong value provided for the translation language. in /var/www/vhosts/targetanalysis.gr/staging1.targetanalysis.gr/wp-content/plugins/toolset-blocks/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/m2m/DatabaseLayer/Version2/AssociationQuery/ElementSelector/AllLanguagesSelector.php:70
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/vhosts/targetanalysis.gr/staging1.targetanalysis.gr/wp-content/plugins/toolset-blocks/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/m2m/DatabaseLayer/Version2/AssociationQuery/ElementSelector/ElementSelectorProvider.php(193): OTGS\Toolset\Common\Relationships\DatabaseLayer\Version2\AssociationQuery\ElementSelector\AllLanguagesSelector->__construct(Object(OTGS\Toolset\Common\Relationships\DatabaseLayer\UniqueTableAlias), Object(OTGS\Toolset\Common\Relationships\DatabaseLayer\Version2\AssociationQuery\TableJoinManager), Object(wpdb), Object(OTGS\Toolset\Common\WPML\WpmlService), Object(OTGS\Toolset\Common\Relationships\DatabaseLayer\Version2\TableNames), Array, false, NULL, false, Array, Array)
#1  in /var/www/vhosts/targetanalysis.gr/staging1.targetanalysis.gr/wp-content/plugins/toolset-blocks/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/m2m/DatabaseLayer/Version2/AssociationQuery/ElementSelector/AllLanguagesSelector.php on line 70

When deactivating Toolset Blocks, the editing screen works correctly. Would you please open a ticket for Toolset support to check it? (https://toolset.com/forums/forum/professional-support/)

Please let me know their findings and if you need further help.

Best regards,
Osama

January 22, 2023 at 5:44 pm #12867257

Michael

Ok, thank you. I will post the link to the ticket here as the main site works. So I think there is an incompatibility between the two plugins.

January 22, 2023 at 5:46 pm #12867305

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Please add the toolset ticket, and let us know their findings.

Thanks,
Osama

January 22, 2023 at 6:37 pm #12867643

Michael

The ticket is here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/i-can-not-edit-custom-post-type-posts-belonging-in-specific-categories/

January 25, 2023 at 8:46 am #12887065

Michael

Hi,

The Toolset support investigates the problem. I posted this so the cleanup robot not close the ticket.

January 25, 2023 at 10:21 am #12888027

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for your update. Please let me know if you need further assistance after Nigel's support.

Best regards,
Osama

February 1, 2023 at 7:40 am #12934961

Michael

Still no news from the Toolset support.

February 1, 2023 at 7:49 am #12935009

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for your update.

Kind regards,
Osama

The topic ‘[Closed] I can not edit custom post type post belonging in specific categories’ is closed to new replies.