Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
October 9, 2022 at 6:39 am #12208005

valonS

Hello Andreas,
I hope you are doing fine.
As i have a plugin installed called 'WP Rocket', i cleared the cache of the plugin and all the pages.I hope it changes something for good, let's see. I don't know what to do more. Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.
Valon

October 11, 2022 at 6:15 pm #12222761

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

My apologies for the delay in answering, as we had a national holiday on Saturday and I do not work on Sundays and Mondays.

I see the page "Cours" has now almost the same design in both languages, apart from some paddings which seem to be related to the amount of text. The transition is looking good.

How did you solve it?

Do you need any further assistance on this matter?

Best regards
Andreas

October 13, 2022 at 5:36 am #12231869

valonS

Hi Andreas,
Don't worry i hope you had a good time.I actually cleared the cache on every page and it seems to be fine. But there is still one thing, the footer widget, that i have to translate and i don't know how to get into it. Like shown in the image.

Best Regards
Valon

Capture d’écran 2022-10-13 à 07.34.18.png
October 13, 2022 at 5:53 am #12231971

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Widgets are set by default to "All languages" in their widget options, which means you will need to translate them with WPML > String Translation.

In some cases, this might not work, so as a workaround you can instead create one widget per language and assign each widget to the dedicated language inside the widget's options.

Please read this for more details:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/

Best regards
Andreas

October 15, 2022 at 5:02 am #12245693

valonS

Hi Andreas, Thank you i will check this and come back to you. Have a nice week-end!

October 16, 2022 at 1:29 am #12247427

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you, please let me know if you need further assistance, but take note that I will be back in the office on Tuesday.

Have a nice weekend, too!

Best regards
Andreas

October 24, 2022 at 5:20 am #12297067

valonS

Hi Andreas,
Hope you're doing fine. I didn't had the time to look at the last translations. I will as soon as possible and i will inform you. Have a nice day.
Best Regards,
Valon

October 25, 2022 at 4:48 pm #12309691

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello Valon,

No problem, please make sure to read this documentation once you find the time and then try to translate the Widgets with String Translation, or if this will not work, then try using one widget per language.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/

In case you run into an unexpected issue, please let me know.

Best regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] i can't translate my website from french to english’ is closed to new replies.