Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by eugeniaB 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
May 7, 2023 at 4:13 pm #13601069

eugeniaB

Hi. I'm translating hidden link into English. The theme is in English and in the first place I translated some parts of the theme (including widgets) into Italian, for they to appear correctly in the primary language.
However now, that I'm translating the whole site into English, the widgets appear in Italian even in the translated page. How so?

[Access Details Deleted]

May 8, 2023 at 10:15 am #13604147

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

1) I deleted your access details for your site's safety. Please let me know how you edited and translated your widgets. It would be great if you could provide screenshots of the issue.

2) Kindly let me know where to check the issue on the front end.

Best regards,
Osama

May 8, 2023 at 10:33 am #13604401

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi Stefano,

I checked the mentioned widget, and it's a Mailchimp form that is not translated. (hidden link)

Please check our guide about translating Mailchimp forms. (https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/mailchimp-for-wordpress-multilingual/)
After translating the form, kindly check if the widget is translated correctly.

Best regards,
Osama

May 8, 2023 at 11:19 am #13604833

eugeniaB

Hi Osama. Thanks for your response.

I have translated that Signup form, but I keep having the same problem: the strings that keep appearing in Italian, as you can see in the previous screenshots, are visible in the "strings translation" section and appear to be part of the theme.

I actually saw that I sent you twice the same screenshot and I didn't send you the backend one: here it is.

Screenshot 2023-05-08 alle 12.21.23.jpg
May 8, 2023 at 11:30 am #13604955

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

I'm afraid I don't understand the question because your previous screenshots were both for the front end. Would you please attach the screenshot you mentioned?

Thanks,
Osama

May 8, 2023 at 11:34 am #13605017

eugeniaB

Dear Osama,
I'm attaching again both screenshots

13604833-Screenshot_2023_05_08_alle_12.21.23.jpg
13604305-Screenshot_2023_05_08_alle_12.19.18_1.jpg
May 8, 2023 at 11:43 am #13605101

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for your update. Please delete the strings and search for them again to see the Italian strings and translate them into English. (Kindly check this video hidden link)

I applied these steps to the mentioned sting. Please check if it works correctly on the English page. (hidden link)

I hope this helps you. If you need further info, please let me know.

Best regards,
Osama

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.