Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 14:00 8:00 – 14:00 8:00 – 14:00 8:00 – 14:00 8:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 17:00 15:00 – 17:00 15:00 – 17:00 15:00 – 17:00 15:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author Posts
August 22, 2023 at 5:45 am #14267579

gabeS-4

We have a multi site sub-directory setup where the main domain is hidden link

the code's behaviour is buggy, there are 90k+ inserts for checking the license which seems totally messed up.

The code should appropriately update the meta_value as these meta_key values are not unique.

Out of 90k records 89k+ records are just the same.

Further more it makes no sense to have this churn up so many records like this.

August 22, 2023 at 7:33 am #14268451

gabeS-4

can u ensure the domain and the image I shared is private?

seems all this support ticket is visible to everyone non-logged in too - whereas your site says its members only support forum.

August 22, 2023 at 12:20 pm #14271019

Nigel
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi there

Regarding privacy, the forum is public, but you do need to be logged in to interact with it.

We automatically hide URLs, though the URL you shared (no protocol, not an original top-level domain like .com) wasn't identified as a URL. I've edited your post to fix that, and also removed the image.

As to the issue, it is unexpected. I have a multisite test site and don't have the same issue, there is only one entry in wp_sitemeta for the key wp_installer_network.

And looking at our plugin code—which writes that "option" in only one place, via the update_site_option function, it's hard to see how it would be added multiple times (thousands of times in your case).

Following the WordPress code for the update_site_option function, it would appear that it might happen if retrieving the option value returned false, in which case the update function would believe there was no existing value and so create a new one.

In any case, more than a single entry is redundant and so the first thing I would do is to delete all but one of the existing entries, and then to check whether more entries are created (in case this was an issue previously that generated all of those entries).

Let me know if you need help with that.

The topic ‘[Closed] infinite inserts for meta_key "wp_installer_network" into wp_sitemeta table’ is closed to new replies.