Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 7.75 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 1 month, 1 week ago.

Author Posts
March 17, 2024 at 11:33 pm #15418964

charlesT-7

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I would like to make the website support search of multiple language using ElasticPress.

Currently, I can search the keyword using corresponding language, e.g. I can search "Shoes" in English and Search "鞋" in Chinese.

But I would the website can search "鞋" in English, the website is expected to search product that with that keyword in all language (so it will find some product in chinese), and then present the search result in current language (the result will be shown in english).

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/using-elasticpress-on-your-multilingual-site/

Is there a similar example that we can see?
N/A

What is the link to your site?
N/A, the website is under development

March 18, 2024 at 8:34 am #15419548

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contatcting us.

The way WPML works is not possible to do that, independently from the search plugin you're using.

I'll add yours as a feature request but I don't think this is going to happen.

The topic ‘[Feature Request] Keyword of Multiple language search in WPML ElasticPress’ is closed to new replies.