Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Andreas.

Author Posts
November 24, 2022 at 9:09 am #12525287

Janine Delfsma

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am trying to change language on the orders page. and i would like to see from this order page in what language that order was placed.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
no

Is there a similar example that we can see?
no

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

November 24, 2022 at 10:45 am #12526161

Janine Delfsma

still not showing.

November 24, 2022 at 10:45 am #12526165

Andreas

Hello there

Thank you for contacting us. I am happy to help you.

May I ask you to give me more information about your questions because I didn't understand well what you are writing and I don't want to give you the wrong information?

Regards,
Andreas

November 24, 2022 at 10:46 am #12526173

Janine Delfsma

Of course. Basically i would like to see the language switch on the woocommerce orders page. It is not visible there

November 24, 2022 at 11:19 am #12526315

Andreas

Thank you very much.

I suppose you are talking about the backend.

There is no language switcher on the order page because you cannot translate this post type.

If you need to see from which language the order is coming, there is a custom field on the order page where you can see from which language the order was placed. But you should touch anything because it will break the correlations between languages.

I hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes or if you need any further assistance. I'll gladly help you. 🙂

Regards,
Andreas

November 24, 2022 at 12:42 pm #12527165

Janine Delfsma

Do i need to click on the order? I was hoping to see which language the order was placed without having to click one by one. is there a workaround?

November 24, 2022 at 3:08 pm #12528527

Andreas

Thank you

As I told you the language switcher is needed for the content that can be translated. So it is logical that the orders that placed in a specific language.

If it is important for you as shop owner what language the customer choose when he added the order, you can add some custom code in order to check that information.

For example, you can use this

get_post_meta($order_id, 'wpml_language', true);

And add the information to a separate column in the order list page.

Also, you can use REST API to get that information :

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/using-wordpress-rest-api-woocommerce-multilingual/

Last but not least, as I told you in my previous message that information is visible if you edit the order, at the end, there is a custom field that says the language in that the customer has placed the order.

I hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes or if you need any further assistance. I'll gladly help you. 🙂

Regards,
Andreas

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.