Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.18 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 12:00 – 16:00 12:00 – 16:00 12:00 – 16:00 12:00 – 16:00 12:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
September 20, 2023 at 8:13 am #14427293

Albert

Hi good morning, we have installed WPML on the corlidogroup.com website. It also says ACF. Something seems to be going wrong with this combination. Can you help?

We have created a layout using ACF, using a piece of text and an image next to each other. In the Dutch language you can select the image you want. (see corlido-1.png). This is not possible with English and other languages, see screenshot corlido-2.png).

Can you see what's going on?

September 20, 2023 at 9:08 am #14427885

Albert

I have made a staging as requested in the chat. I would like to add the crendentials for you to take a look. How can i add the credentials to the staging website?

September 21, 2023 at 7:01 am #14434837

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

1) Please share step by step guide on how can we see and check the issue.

2) Please share admin access to next private reply.

Regards,
Drazen

September 22, 2023 at 6:18 am #14443461

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for getting back.

1) I can see the transcript, but entirely sure or clear where to check this? What page and how are you trying to add image. A video or step by step guide would be helpful.

2) Since I see you are using some custom theme and additional plugins, before we proceed please do next:

- switch to WP default theme
- leave active only WPML plugins and ACF
- confirm issue still happens

This is to speed things up and confirm the issue is not caused by some custom code or 3rd parts plugin.

If the issue still happens, please level the environment in such a setup and I will check further.

Thanks,
Drazen

September 22, 2023 at 6:59 am #14443699

Albert

Hi Drazen,

Thanks for your reply.

1) For example the hidden link page. On the Dutch (default, hidden link) language it's working. I can select a new image. We want to change the image next to the title + tekst "ISO 9001 14001".

But when we switching to English page (hidden link) the image can't be switched.
I've checked the WPML settings, but for now i can't find the cause of the problem.

2) I've switched to Default theme, disabled all the plugins except WPML and ACF. The issue still happens.

I hope you can help us.

September 22, 2023 at 8:25 am #14444481

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for getting back and taking the time to follow my suggestion.

I have checked and this is expected, as our docs says:

"To use different files and images across languages, install and activate the WPML Media Translation add-on on your site."

- https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/#using-different-files-and-images

I have followed the suggested approach and it works fine, image attached.

Regards,
Drazen

Screenshot_2.jpg
September 26, 2023 at 11:28 am #14466405

Albert

Hi Drazen,

Thanks for your reply. I've installed WPML Media plugin to the website. But that doesn't seems to work properly. I made a screen record to show how it works for me now. How can i share this file (.webm extension) to you?

September 26, 2023 at 11:33 am #14466513

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

you can upload it to some file-sharing service and share the link with me.

I would kindly ask you to test in the minimal environment to keep it simple, as I did on your staging site since I can not be sure a custom-coded theme or similar is not causing some other issue.

Regards,
Drazen

September 26, 2023 at 11:50 am #14466579

Albert

Hi Drazen,

I have disabled all plugins in the development environment except the ACF and WPML related plugins. In addition, the default WP theme is activated. Can you test again? I think things are still not going well.

September 26, 2023 at 12:13 pm #14466821

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

I still see your custom theme activated, and some additional plugins.

So I have switched to the WP default theme and disabled ACF image crop plugin (I am not familiar with that plugin nor what it does) and Siteground Optimizer as sometimes object cache can cause issues.

I tested and it works just fine then.

Video: hidden link

Regards,
Drazen

The topic ‘[Closed] layout using ACF, can not select the image you want with English’ is closed to new replies.