Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
A warning keeps popping up on your site indicating that the site has been moved to a new location without actually being moved.

Solution:
Make sure that a static URL is defined for WP_HOME and WP_SITEURL in wp-config.php file of the site.
Relevant Documentation:
https://wpml.org/errata/persistent-warning-this-site-has-moved-to-a-new-location/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Subash Chandra Poudel 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Subash Chandra Poudel.

Author Posts
July 31, 2023 at 7:52 am #14124573

eugenioV-2

I am getting this message when logging to my account:

Looks like this site was previously at ... and now it’s at ...
Do you still have the same site running at ...

Yes/This is only a copy - original site is still running

No/I changed the address of the site to this new one

August 1, 2023 at 4:06 am #14130135

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

As discussed during the chat, please let me know if you get the warning regarding the site moved again or if you need further help with checking the site wp-config.php for issues with site/home URL definitions please let me know.

Regards,
Subash

August 9, 2023 at 8:53 pm #14178337

eugenioV-2

I am not sure if it is fixed, if it is pointing to the correct URL now.

August 9, 2023 at 8:55 pm #14178341

eugenioV-2

---

August 10, 2023 at 3:22 pm #14183867

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

Please check this erratum linked next, and try the workaround from the erratum.

https://wpml.org/errata/persistent-warning-this-site-has-moved-to-a-new-location/

If it does not help and you get the "site has moved to a new location.." warning, I would need to take a closer look at your site. So would you please mind sharing temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site? Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated.

I have enabled a private reply for you to share the credentials securely, which means only you and I have access to it.

IMPORTANT: Please take a complete backup of the site first to avoid data loss.

Regards,
Subash

August 11, 2023 at 5:58 am #14185925

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

I was not able to access the site admin hidden link shows me "ERR_CONNECTION_RESET"

The SFTP works fine and I see the following code at lines 112-113 in your wp-config.php file.

define('WP_SITEURL', '<em><u>hidden link</u></em>' . $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] . '/');
define('WP_HOME', '<em><u>hidden link</u></em>' . $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] . '/');

As explained in the erratum ( https://wpml.org/errata/persistent-warning-this-site-has-moved-to-a-new-location/ ) please change the code to the following and it should solve the issue:

define('WP_SITEURL', '<em><u>hidden link</u></em>');
define('WP_HOME', '<em><u>hidden link</u></em>');

Regards,
Subash

August 11, 2023 at 9:25 pm #14190869

eugenioV-2

I have done this, the site is back up, but now translation is not working, I have translated hidden link for example, but when I go online the translation in english shows as Spanish.

Also now after this saving / updating any post takes a very long time.

Please help, WPML has been causing a lot of instability of my site. Translations dont show and saving pages takes a very long time.

August 12, 2023 at 5:20 pm #14191993

eugenioV-2

It is still taking a very long time to save post and get the translation page to work.
Also my styles are being broken.

WPML bug.jpg
August 13, 2023 at 10:00 am #14192811

Subash Chandra Poudel

Thank you for confirming that the original issue is resolved now!

Please note that we try to handle only one issue per ticket so as to keep better track of issues and stay on the same page. So if the initial issue on this ticket is resolved please mark this ticket as resolved and feel free to open a new ticket for any other new issues.

Regarding the new issues, When I try to access the site admin I now get the following error:

ERROR: El nombre de usuario o contraseña que has introducido es incorrecto. ¿Has olvidado tu contraseña?

So I was not able to check the new issues further, But feel free to open new tickets for those new issues and we can help you further through the new ticket for those issues.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.