Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Itamar.

Author Posts
June 13, 2022 at 9:44 am

josipU

Not able to install WPML

June 13, 2022 at 10:53 am
June 13, 2022 at 10:54 am #11448263

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

As we discussed in the chat, I suspect that WPML was installed in the past and removed correctly. We can check further but we need FTP access to check the DB of your site. We may need to clear old WPML's DB tables and options from the DB of your site. This can not be done now while in chat. Please share with us the FTP access to your site and also allow us to install Adminer. The script that enables DB access.

hidden link

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me.
I'm enabling a private message for the following reply.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- - Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access. --

-- If you have a staging site where the problem can be reproduced, it is better to share access to the staging site.--

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 13, 2022 at 11:03 am
June 13, 2022 at 3:31 pm #11451125

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, something is wrong with the FTP access details you shared with me.

I'm getting:

Response: 530 Login authentication failed
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

Can you please check this and correct the previous private message?

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 14, 2022 at 10:02 am #11456613

josipU

please open the possibility of submitting data to me again.

June 14, 2022 at 10:16 am #11456817

Itamar
Supporter

Hi,

A private message is enabled for the following reply.

Regards,
Itamar.

June 15, 2022 at 12:52 pm
June 15, 2022 at 3:31 pm #11469165

Itamar
Supporter

Thanks,

There were WPML DB tables on your site. I deleted all the _icl tables from the DB. And I deleted all of the WPML options from the _options table. When I returned to the WordPress admin, I received the 'Not allowed message' like before. I checked the DB and could see that the user you gave me access with does not exist. So through the DB, I created a new user. Now you can continue to use and configure WPML; when it is active, the 'Not allowed' error does not show. In the following private message, I'll share the details of the new user. They are very similar to the old details. I suspect there was a problem with the user. It seems that the email address was valid.

Please keep the backup of the site you have until you check that everything is OK.

Regards,
Itamar.

June 15, 2022 at 3:34 pm
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.