Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The translations are working fine for the Home Page and Single Pages. However, for the shop page, product categories and products, the translations are not working and it shows a message "Page not Found".

Solution:
Just to let you know for future reference, my hosting (SiteGround) have found the issue.
They disable their plugin and it seems that the pages were working.
So they made some tests and it seems that by leaving memcached disabled the pages are working so there may be a conflict.
So far, the issue didn't occur again.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mateus Getulio 9 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Mateus Getulio.

Author Posts
July 22, 2023 at 9:26 am #14082947
butterandflyB

Hi Mateus,
Just to let you know for future reference, my hosting (SiteGround) have found the issue.
They disable their plugin and it seems that the pages were working.
So they made some tests and it seems that by leaving memcached disabled the pages are working so there may be a conflict.
So far, the issue didn't occur again.

But, I'm having another problem that I wish you could have a look. I have a category page called Portfolio in English language. I've translated the category to the slug portfolio-pt, but if I go tho the Menu and choose in Portuguese and then click in portfolio (PT) it goes back to portfolio in English.

Any idea why?
Many thanks

New threads created by Mateus Getulio and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-page-not-found-2/

July 24, 2023 at 7:54 pm #14092419

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hey there.

Thank you very much for letting us know that this is fixed and for sharing the solution.

As per our support policy, given that the initial issue is fixed I will set this ticket as resolved, but I will create a split ticket to address the other issue directly in the new ticket.

Thank you, talk to you soon in the split ticket!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.