Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 15:00 8:00 – 15:00 8:00 – 15:00 8:00 – 15:00 8:00 – 15:00 -
- 16:00 – 17:00 16:00 – 17:00 16:00 – 17:00 16:00 – 17:00 16:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Alejandro.

Author Posts
November 15, 2022 at 11:21 pm

martijnP-6

Hi, we noticed that URL's on pages that have been translated are suddenly reverted back to the the original URL on the frontend. If we go in to the page with the ATE we can see that these URLs are translated correctly. Once we just update the page from the ATE without making any changes the URLs on the frontend are translated again.

How is this possible?

And the strange thing also is, if I go into the string translations and open the domain for that page. The URL's there are not translated

November 16, 2022 at 12:21 am
November 19, 2022 at 11:06 am #12495433

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello!

1) You mention "if I go into the string translations and open the domain for that page. The URL's there are not translated"

Please go to WPML > String Translation and delete only one of those link references.

2) Now edit a page and add a character to the title, save it and update the translation.

3) As you have mentioned befeore it will be fixed but we will be able to see if the translations disappear afterwards or not.

----------------------

Can you tell me if you translated those links in the advanced translation editor or if they were translated automatically on its own?

November 28, 2022 at 1:38 pm #12547223

martijnP-6

Hi Alejandro,

Sorry I missed your reply completely. I was in a chat with one of your colleagues and we tried several things but he said this issue needed to be escalated to second tier support. Can you see the transcript of this chat as well? Because now I only see a brief explanation of the issue in this ticket.

What exactly do you mean when you say "Please go to WPML > String Translation and delete only one of those link references. (SELECT"? I also think there is a part missing from your reply, the part after SELECT.

As I mentioned earlier to your colleague, we have no idea what is causing these links to revert back but they are all translated within ATE already. So I'm not sure what you are trying to test but as we have no idea what is causing the issue we have no idea when it's happening again and we have to move on with our website. It will go live in the coming week.

---------------------------

Can you tell me if you translated those links in the advanced translation editor or if they were translated automatically on its own?

I think we translated these links within ATE. But how can we tell? The website is in construction for 1,5 years now and these pages have all been translated way back. So can't really say exactly.

--------------------------

To explain the issue again. If you visited the below mentioned page and click one of the links on the page you see that they are linking to the NL website which is the default language. But if you go into the ATE for this page you can see that these page are all translated correctly but for some reason not showing the correct translation on the fronted. Once we click on update in the ATE for this page, without making any changes all the links are translated again on the frontend.

hidden link

We need to know why this is happening. And why is it that if we go into the string translations and open the corresponding domain for this page the links are all pointing to the default language.

Hope you can help figuring this out.

Thanks

November 28, 2022 at 3:43 pm #12548359

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

1) I had checked the entire chat before answering 🙂

2) I had erased that "select" part, because it wasn't supposed to be there, you had to find it and delete it.

3) what i'm trying to test here is this string that appears in string translation, since by default you should NEVER translate links from pages through string translation OR ATE unless they were external URLs.

4)

I think we translated these links within ATE. But how can we tell? The website is in construction for 1,5 years now and these pages have all been translated way back. So can't really say exactly.

Does this mean the pages and the links were NOT modified recently either? if those links belong to a page builder, has the page builder been updated recently?

5) May i have access to the site so i can try to check this page you mentioned (which we will use as reference) up close and try to understand what happened?

I have enabled the credential fields in your next reply.

Thanks in advance.

The topic ‘[Closed] Page URLs are changed’ is closed to new replies.