Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.82 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
March 25, 2023 at 7:26 pm #13329741

alexandrosA-3

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I've already translated the website. Some parts were not translated automatically and did not appear in the string translation.

They are not available when I try to use the translation editor (you know the tool that lists all original strings on the left and the translations on the right)

The weird thing is that some parts of that page are translated but many are not. So I had to go and manually edit the translated versions. I was warned from WPML that the page I was trying to edit is a translation of the original page but I edited it anyway and translated the parts that WPML did not "catch". These included the slideshow and many other parts. They were a significant part of the page since the website is an one-page website.

That worked just fine and the website was translated just fine. The problems started appearing when I tried to make changes to the original page. That made the translated page revert to a partially translated version of the original. I had to go in and redo all the translations.

Now this is not practical. I need help making my translations more consistent and I fail to see how I can do that with WPML.

Some help please?

March 27, 2023 at 8:20 am #13335231

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

In order to prevent this issue from happening again, please deactivate the WPML editor on this page and translate it manually.
Using multiple editors to translate a page leads to this conflict issue.

Kindly check our guide about manual translation. (https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/)

I hope this helps you. If you need further info, please let me know.

Best regards,
Osama

The topic ‘[Closed] Part of my translated page falls back to main language’ is closed to new replies.