Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Subash Chandra Poudel 1 year ago.

Assisted by: Subash Chandra Poudel.

Author Posts
March 8, 2023 at 2:44 pm
March 10, 2023 at 4:41 pm #13219605

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

I am Subash and I am taking over this ticket as Drazen is away today. I hope you don't mind it.

Thank you for your efforts in setting up the test site and sending the details.

In my test I see the following results:

- I went to Pages and set to load 10 Posts in the page from the Screen Options at the top right so that the default WordPress options are tested.

- I deactivated all plugins on the site except Query Monitor and activated a default theme like twenty twenty three.

- I went to pages, the load speed is 0.34 seconds.

- I activated WPML and went to pages, the load speed is 1.84 seconds.

The large percentage of difference in the load speed when WPML is deactivated vs when WPML is activated surely means there is some issues on the site.

I also tried the workaround from an old errata https://wpml.org/errata/performance-considerations-for-the-wpml-media-setup-on-large-sites/ which might sometimes fix performance issues due to slow database queries, but that didn't help.

To verify the issue further and to make sure the issue is not due to your server setup or config ( especially since you said using different laptop/devices yields different results which points to some connection or server issues ) will it be possible for you to setup an exact copy/clone site in a different server and see how the load speed for the pages goes there?

Regards,
Subash

March 30, 2023 at 6:20 am #13363321

matthiasW-17

Hi Subash

We copied our site on a different server, would you like to check for yourself?
I could give you the access data you need

March 30, 2023 at 12:34 pm #13367319

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

Sure, I can check the site on a different server for you.

Would you please share temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your test server/site?

Your next answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

IMPORTANT: Please take a complete backup of the site to avoid data loss.

Regards,
Subash

April 5, 2023 at 11:04 am
April 5, 2023 at 12:15 pm #13410213

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

Thank you for the details.

However the details you sent seems to be incorrect, there is no login URL.

Can you please run the test I tried in my previous reply ( Linked next ( in the site in your new server and see how it goes?

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/performance-issue-18/page/2/#post-13219605

I have also enabled the private reply again in case you need further help or help on testing the issue.

Regards,
Subash

April 11, 2023 at 11:23 am
April 11, 2023 at 12:51 pm #13445983

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

Thank you for the details.

So I did the same test I did on my previous reply linked next in the site hidden link

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/performance-issue-18/page/2/#post-13219605

I deactivated all plugins except WPML and activated a default theme Twenty Twenty-Three. I then went to the Seiten/Page page on the site.

hidden link

The page loads fine in less than 0.3 seconds indifferent of weather I activate or deactivate WPML.

So the issue does not seems to be with WPML specifically. I recommend you to test the issue further on your main site, you can run the conflict test as you did initially or co-ordinate with the server provider further to see if it helps.

Regards,
Subash

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.