Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
July 17, 2023 at 2:05 pm #14050319

bergmans23

Hi there WPML friends,
I have ACF multilingual installed, but can't find the settings under WPML > Settings.
That part of the settings is missing.
Hope you can help!
Thanks!
Bye
Ward

July 17, 2023 at 2:32 pm #14050531

bergmans23

Sorry, entered the ticket wrong.
ACF has nothing to do with Custom post types of course.
But, still, I can't choose to translate custom post types. The link in the page top is dead.
Bye
Ward

July 17, 2023 at 10:19 pm #14053767

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

Before this ticket gets assigned to my colleagues, I will try to help.

If the things you mentioned are added as custom post types, you will need to first go to WPML > Settings > Post Types section > and set those post types as "Translatable".

Then, try to go back to WPML > Translation Management > and see if you now see them in the dropdown. You should alse see a "+" available now if you go to the main Custom Post Types list screen that would allow you to translate in the available languages that you set up on your site.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

July 18, 2023 at 6:16 am #14054521

bergmans23

Hi Mihai,
Thanks for answereing!
That’s what I found in the help files, but the “Post Type Translation” section of the settings page is not there.
i see the little blue text link in the top of the page, but there’s nothing happening when I click there. The page ends with the custum fields translation section.
Bye
Ward

July 19, 2023 at 10:01 am #14064557

bergmans23

Hi Mihai,
I seem to have found a solution.
Switched browsers, scrolled way down to the bottom [ Custom Fields Translation ] and clicked [ Show system fields ]. That opened the extra options that were hidden underneath it.
So, for now, problem solved!
Thanks!
Bye
Ward

Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 12.00.50.png
July 19, 2023 at 9:57 pm #14068765

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there and thank you for the update, Ward.

I am happy that you got what you needed!

Mihai

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.