Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 8.52 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Alejandro.

Author Posts
September 14, 2022 at 1:24 pm #12052483

martinZ-12

Hello, I updated all my plugins and this notification appeared in the administration:

"We have detected a problem with some tables in the database. Please contact WPML support to get this fixed.

WordPress database error: cannot execute query because it contains invalid data.
Array
(
[language] => en
[context] => Jet Engine Admin Labels
[gettext_context] =>
[domain_name_context_md5] => cb8f664745d03b7e06f4609439b7280e
[name] => Admin Label - Fill in a short description of the post. This description will be used to display the description of the p�... - 41fc417ec33fd2755fb45d1cf5464dd3
[value] => Fill in a short description of the post. This description will be used to display the post description in web search engines and on the front page of the site in the list of posts (news).
[status] => 0
[translation_priority] => optional
[allow_empty_value] =>
)"

I assume this is somehow related to the CPT "jet_novinky" created via JetEngin. However, I don't know what the problem is. The site seems to be working. Can you please take a look at it?

Best Regards,
Martin

September 15, 2022 at 9:12 am #12057507

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello!

1) Go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting
Press the following buttons:
• "Clear the cache in WPML"
• "Remove ghost entries from the translation tables"
• "Fix element_type collation"
• "Set language information"
• "Fix post type assignment for translations"

2) Make a backup of your site's database

3) Allow me access and confirm i can access your database so i can check the table structures and understand if you have something missing or wrongly configured there (And fix it if there is).

You'll be able to do this using the credential fields you'll see on your next reply.

Regards.

September 16, 2022 at 9:24 am #12066375

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Alright, the problem is indeed that some strings coming from jetengine seem to have been wrongly registered.

The problem is specifically in their gettext function, somewhere in the code, it's just too long of a value and it ends up braking the function which at the same time breaks WPML.

you won't see much more than this warning, everything will probably work correctly but you should talk to JetEngine about this so they can fix it permanently.

In the meantime i searched and delted that string so you could close the notification.

Regards.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.