Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
When loading a product list in the backend, product tags and categories appear in English, French, Spanish, and Portuguese, with languages mixed instead of only in Portuguese, the default language.
Solution:
If you're experiencing mixed languages in your product list within the backend, we recommend you try the following troubleshooting steps after ensuring a full site backup.
1) Navigate to WPML>>Support page, and click on the Troubleshooting link.
2) On the Troubleshooting page, in the *Clean up* section, click on the following options one by one, waiting for confirmation of processing after each:
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Fix WPML tables collation
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment

3) Visit WooCoomerce>>WooCommerce Multilingual>>Categories
4) Click on the Sync button at the bottom of the screen

If this solution doesn't look relevant to your issue, please open a new support ticket with us.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.09 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ricardoA-22 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Bigul.

Author Posts
January 4, 2024 at 1:46 pm #15150842

ricardoA-22

Hi!

When I load a product list in my backoffice I see product tags and product categories in english, french, and sometimes in spanish mixed with Portuguese which is the main language and the language I use for backoffice.

I don't understand why this is happening. Please check the image attached to better understand my point.

Thank you

Screenshot at Jan 04 13-43-14.png
January 4, 2024 at 4:13 pm #15152258

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Vienna (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

Hope you have created the Products in Portuguese and translated them into secondary languages. As per the screenshot, the products are listed only in Portuguese language.

Please visit Products>>Categories & Products>>Tags pages, and share the screenshots of it.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

January 4, 2024 at 4:18 pm #15152280

ricardoA-22

Hi Bigul,

Please find attached screenshots of product categories and product tags pages.
All of them are translated to multiple languages, but products are only in one language, Portuguese. This was my decision to have my website like this.

Anyway, I was not expecting to see the some product with tags and categories in portuguese and some other in other languages...

Thank you

Captura de ecrã 2024-01-04, às 16.15.41.png
Captura de ecrã 2024-01-04, às 16.15.59.png
January 4, 2024 at 5:00 pm #15152494

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Vienna (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please try the following troubleshooting steps after a full site backup{mandatory} and make sure the issue exists or not.

1) Go to WPML>>Support page, click on the Troubleshooting link (blue link in the middle of the page)

2) On the Troubleshooting page, please click on the following options in the *Clean up* section. Wait for confirmation of processing after each one.

- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Fix WPML tables collation
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment

--
Thanks!

Bigul

January 5, 2024 at 9:24 pm #15156264

ricardoA-22

Hello,

I've done the proposed procedure and the problem persists.

January 5, 2024 at 9:30 pm #15156268

ricardoA-22

I was trying some things and found a solution:

I went to the WPML for WooCommerce settings, clicked both tabs Categories and Tags, and clicked on this option at the bottom: hidden link

It solved my problem. I hope it helps someone in the future.

ricardoA-22 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-01-05 21:30:47.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.