Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by elisabettaS 11 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
May 10, 2023 at 1:51 pm #13623351

elisabettaS

Hello, that's right. The issue is now resolved.

Now I am having another issue with the read more button text in the blog section.
I literally cannot translate it with string translations. Can you please check ?
hidden link

Let me know how to translate, thank you!

May 10, 2023 at 1:53 pm #13623363

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked your Website here hidden link and I cannot see any "Read More" button. Did you remove it? If you did, please reinsert it so that I could check.

Thanks!

Kor

May 17, 2023 at 7:21 am #13661157

elisabettaS

Hello, yes please check.
I inserted the button read more.

I tried looking everywhere in string translation but i cannot find the text.
There are only 4 string *see screenshot and i-ve translated them all but the read more text does not change in the blog module.

Can you please help me troubleshooting the issue

Thank you

Screenshot 2023-05-17 092011.jpg
May 17, 2023 at 8:26 am #13662063

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

I would need to take a closer look at your site. So I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons, and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/plugin for these backup needs.

Your following answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme and to change configurations on the site if required. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

Thanks!

Kor

May 17, 2023 at 8:42 am #13662259

elisabettaS

Hello
Kor,
I am sorry but I am afraid I cannot give you website access at this time.
Anyway, when I am using Look for rendered string *see screenshot the read more button is being translated, but when i turn off the check box it does not translate.

How does it work exactly? How do i keep them translated?

Screenshot 2023-05-17 104026.jpg
May 17, 2023 at 8:58 am #13662343

elisabettaS

I have development site you can access, please send login details form again, thank you

May 17, 2023 at 9:11 am #13662401

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

Your following answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

Thanks!

Kor

May 17, 2023 at 12:15 pm #13664059

elisabettaS

I have translated all the strings (check screenshot) but for some reason translation is working in the frontend only when Look for strings while pages are rendered enabled.

I have tried many solution by checking all posts related to this issue.
Is there anything you can do ?

Thank you

sd.jpg
May 17, 2023 at 12:24 pm #13664151

elisabettaS

After trying this> https://wpml.org/errata/in-some-cases-some-strings-are-not-translating-properly/

I deactivate Look for strings while pages are rendered but the translation goes back to english on all pages

May 17, 2023 at 4:52 pm #13666729

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

It looks like some translation files from your language folder are causing the issue and I would need FTP access to check on the translation files.

Could you please share FTP access here so that I could check?

Or can we have your permission to create a snapshot on our own?

We usually recommend the free Plugin “Duplicator” for this purpose.

If you already know how Duplicator works ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/),please skip the following steps and just send me the archive file you downloaded.

★ Duplicator Instructions hidden link https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

If the file is too large (more than 400M), please use the Duplicator file filters to remove the cache, the wp-uploads directory, the media, and the archive files.

Send me the link to the archive file (you probably want to use Google Drive, Dropbox, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big).

Thanks!

Kor

May 17, 2023 at 7:43 pm #13668007

elisabettaS

Production site url is hidden link

May 17, 2023 at 8:40 pm #13668145

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you share FTP access to the staging server? I cannot see the staging site WP installation.

I don't think it's a good idea to work on the production site directly since I don't have WP admin access and also, the site is live.

Please allow me to test on the staging server first and then only apply to your production site.

Thanks!

Kor

May 22, 2023 at 6:37 pm #13693435

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your patience.

I've imported your Website to my local dev site and I could still replicate the issue. Unfortunately, I don't have a solution for you yet and I would need to escalate this to our 2nd Tier support for further assistance.

I will come back to you once I've feedback.

Thanks!

Kor

May 25, 2023 at 4:11 pm #13717933

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your patience.

Our 2nd Tier Support checked and you need to disable this "Disable Translations" option shown in the attached screenshot to allow translations on the site.

Please try and let me know how it goes.

Thanks!

Kor

Screenshot_90.png
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.