Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
If you're experiencing an issue where the automatic translation is stuck, it might be due to a corrupted entry that prevents the translation status from updating correctly.

Solution:
We recommend the following steps to resolve this issue:
1. Go to the pages section.
2. Switch to the secondary language using the top admin bar.
3. Delete the page translation.
4. Also, delete it from the Trash.
5. Switch back to the primary language.
6. Translate the page again manually. Since the translation memory should have the content, it won't consume additional credits. Mark it as completed in the Advanced Translation Editor (ATE).

Please note that this solution might be irrelevant if it's outdated or not applicable to your case. If the issue persists, we highly recommend checking related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If you still need assistance, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by arjanO 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Waqas Bin Hasan.

Author Posts
February 26, 2024 at 11:55 am

arjanO

Automatic translation
Something went wrong with the automatic translation. Please contact WPML support and report that the following machine translation is stuck: 91625144

Get this error while translating from dutch to german

February 26, 2024 at 12:22 pm
February 26, 2024 at 12:23 pm #15344079

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Reference to our recent chat, please let me know when you're done taking the backup.

I'll then be able to login to the live site, check for the problem and get back to you accordingly.

Regards.

February 26, 2024 at 12:34 pm #15344217

arjanO

backup is done can you please check now and let me know

February 27, 2024 at 7:43 am #15347436

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Hello again,

My apologies for delay on this, I had closed my day but this morning I saw you've marked this thread resolved.

Is the problem resolved or do you need more help on this?

Please let me know and I'll try my best to assist you on the matter.

Regards.

February 27, 2024 at 11:25 am #15348782

arjanO

wp-json/wpml/tm/v1/ate/jobs/download 500 (Internal Server Error) translation not working just loading each time

Screenshot_19.png
February 27, 2024 at 11:55 am #15348978

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for the updates.

Do you have more details on the error in your error logs?

I tried to login to your site but looks like the access has been revoked. However, I'll recommend to try the following?

IMPORTANT: Take full backup of your website and database beforehand. It is highly advised to try the following on a staging/dev site first, so your live website isn't compromised.

- Enable debugging in your site. See https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/ for details.
- Deactivate all plugins except WPML and its addons and check for the issue.
- Activate each plugin one-by-one, while keeping check on the issue after a plugin is activated. This way you'll be able to pinpoint a plugin having a conflict (or problem), if any.
- If the problem persists, repeat the above steps with the parent theme, as well as, a default theme of WordPress (i.e. 2021 or 2024).

Please let me know and I'll try my best to help you further on the matter.

February 27, 2024 at 12:05 pm #15348988

arjanO

can you please try login again with same credentials ?

February 27, 2024 at 12:10 pm #15349002

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for the access, I am working on it. I'll go through some debugging steps (as mentioned earlier). It 'll take some time but I'll keep you posted accordingly.

February 27, 2024 at 12:47 pm #15349145

arjanO

Any update on this ?

February 27, 2024 at 1:16 pm #15349221

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Looks like there was some corrupted entry for the said page which was preventing it from updating translation status correctly.

So I followed these steps:

- Go to pages.
- Switch to secondary language from top admin bar.
- Delete the page translation.
- Delete it from Trash also.
- Switch back to primary language.
- Translate the page again manually.
--- Since it was already translated in the past, the translation memory had all the content available (without consuming more credits). So I simply marked it completed in the ATE.

And it is working fine now.

Other than that, I switched to "Translate What You Choose" mode in WPML -> Settings to prevent consuming any credits. Please remember to switch back to automatic translation as needed.

Please check and confirm.

tm.jpg
queue.jpg
pages.jpg
February 27, 2024 at 2:21 pm #15349520

arjanO

Thank you so much

arjanO confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-02-27 14:21:59.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.