Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
If you're experiencing an issue where the footer on the contact page is not translated, despite being translated on other pages of your website, it might be due to a caching issue.
Solution:
We recommend clearing your cache thoroughly after updating the widget for the specific language. Additionally, ensure that you have saved the 'admin texts' in the 'String Translation' and then saved the page again. To automate the registration of these texts, you can add the following code in 'WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration':

<wpml-config>
  <admin-texts>
    <key name="widget_text" />
        <key name="text" />
        <key name="title" />
      </key> 
  </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

This solution might be outdated or not applicable to your case. We highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If this does not resolve your issue, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.23 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nicolas Viallet 2 days, 9 hours ago.

Assisted by: Nicolas Viallet.

Author Posts
June 25, 2024 at 5:13 pm #15823448

yohannJ

I'd like to take advantage of the fact that you have access to my site to point out a new error: the footer of the contact page is not translated, even though the footer is translated on the rest of the website.
The page is accessible at site.com/contact from my translated site.

June 25, 2024 at 5:25 pm #15823678

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello again,

I could see the issue in your fotter.
- I went to "Widgets" and updated the French text (just made a small change, saved and then reverted back the change and saved it again).
- The widget text is now available in "WPML > String Translation" : hidden link
- I was able to get the translation from previous widgets and save it

Vidéo: hidden link

June 26, 2024 at 10:29 am #15832586

yohannJ

Hello Nicolas, thanks for the help, I made a video to explain the issue better : hidden link

Thanks

June 26, 2024 at 11:39 am #15833264

yohannJ

Also to add more info, I just translated the website in spanish and have the same issue with the contact page only.

June 26, 2024 at 5:42 pm #15836425

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Bonjour,

Voici la vidéo explicative: hidden link

Je pense qu'il y a un problème de cache car lorsque je mettais à jour le widget FR, même en cliquant sur "Purge everything" les changements n'apparaissaient pas sur la version FR.

En enregistrant les "texts admin" dans "Traduction de chaînes" puis en sauvegardant la page à nouveau cela fonctionne.

Pour rendre l'enregistrement de ces textes automatique, c'est ajouté le code suivant dans "WPML > Paramètres > Configuration XML personnalisée"

<wpml-config>
  <admin-texts>
    <key name="widget_text">
      <key name="*">
        <key name="text" />
        <key name="title" />
      </key>
    </key>
  </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>
June 27, 2024 at 4:16 am #15839784

yohannJ

Merci beaucoup Nicolas, c'est un peu bizarre mais ça fonctionne !

yohannJ confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-06-27 04:16:12.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.