Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.56 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by marcusB-21 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Bobby.

Author Posts
January 30, 2023 at 7:18 pm #12924375

marcusB-21

Thanks a lot!

But what about the boxes on the first page, the content in them is not showing up anywhere. I have searched where you have mention in passed answers. hidden link

Kind regards
Johanna

January 30, 2023 at 7:20 pm #12924383

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi Johanna,

Please re-share the access details with me to review the homepage boxes if possible.

I have enabled the private field reply.

February 10, 2023 at 7:05 pm #13009421

Bobby
Supporter

Hi there,

Focusing on the homepage I can verify that there is currently no translation, meaning that it has not been translated yet. (Go to pages->Grid home you can see the + sign for it to be translated)

Also, the "boxes" are created in Elementor using a theme element called "banner" this is NOT a native elementor element and itt's coming from the theme authors Mikado (Biagiotti theme)

[Important to note that the theme is not officially compatible with WPML, however, their team does mention compatibility.]

I have now enabled some custom fields from Mikado that were set to "not translatable" and it should show you more content.

Please review and let me know your results
hidden link

Screen Shot 2023-02-10 at 10.51.58 AM.png
February 11, 2023 at 2:06 pm #13012189

marcusB-21

Hi Bobby,

Thank you for your help. I see that I now can translate the first page! But some features are missing for translation, for example Section title like "handmade paper", buttons and also some boxes that came with the theme. Do you think I should reach out to the company who made the theme tell them that it's not compatible and ask them to fix it?

Screenshot 2023-02-11 at 15.04.20.png
February 13, 2023 at 6:52 pm #13024011

Bobby
Supporter

Hi Johanna,

You can reach out to them and refer to the following link to work directly with our team to help them become compatible with WPML.

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/go-global-program/

In the meantime, I recommend the following workaround to get these boxes translated.

1. Edit the page in the default language
2. Use the language switcher at the top header and switch to the translation language (you will need to exit full screen view to do this)
3. Dismiss the warning and now click on "edit with Elementor"
4. Manually edit the elements not translating and update

Let me know your results, please.

February 15, 2023 at 2:22 pm #13041039

marcusB-21

Hi Bobby,

Thanks, I have contacted the developers of my theme now.

About your solution: Step 1. You say I should edit in the default language, does it mean I should be on the landing page in default language or do you mean I should click edit somewhere? Because in step 2, you say to use the language Switcher, do you mean my language switcher on my site, because I can not see any other? Can you explain the steps more in detail?

Thanks!
Johanna

February 17, 2023 at 10:41 am #13056317

marcusB-21

Hi Bobby,

Great, I was able to make the translations now 🙂
Are there any downsides of doing it this way? Will it create problems later on or is this just another way to translate?

Kind regards
Johanna

February 17, 2023 at 8:03 pm #13059323

Bobby
Supporter

Glad to hear that Johanna!

No, it should not cause any issues -> this is another way to translate as well. Typically it's recommended to not mix the translation editor with manual translations, however, in your case I believe this is acceptable and should not cause issues.

February 19, 2023 at 4:20 pm #13064911

marcusB-21

My issue is resolved now. Thank you Bobby for helping me!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.