Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client was experiencing issues with

wpml_invalid_tag

errors, which prevented them from saving their translations in the Advanced Translation Editor (ATE). The errors were related to incorrect HTML tag usage within the translation content.
Solution:
We advised the client to ensure that HTML tags are correctly used in the content, with proper opening and closing tags, and self-closing tags having a slash (e.g.,

<br />

). We identified the problematic content in the original XLIFF file and provided the corrected version:

A memorable domain name is increasingly important for establishing a <strong>strong <a href="https://www.marcus-aurelius.com/online-presence/">online presence</a></strong> and <strong>enhancing brand recognition</strong>. It also plays a significant role in SEO by improving search engine visibility and attracting organic traffic.

We recommended that the client correct the code in the page content and then attempt to translate the page again.

Please note that this solution might be irrelevant due to being outdated or not applicable to your case. If the issue persists, we highly recommend checking related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If necessary, please open a new support ticket in the WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.88 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
April 23, 2024 at 7:33 pm #15557901

marc-aureleL

I am encountering issues with these wpml_invalid_tag that I have never seen before. They are impeding me from saving when I edit my translations.

See screenshots.

There are no apparent tags within the text itself.

Thanks

Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 21.30.48.png
Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 21.30.08.png
Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 21.28.47.png
April 24, 2024 at 7:24 am #15558935

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi Marc,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I’m happy to help you with this issue.

If you see wpml_invalid_tag in the Advanced Translation Editor (ATE), mostly, the HTML tags in the content are not added correctly. For example: open and closing tag, self-closing tag should have the slash (<br />).

I download the original XLIFF file on our server and understand the issue there. Here is the content that is sent to ATE

A memorable domain name is increasingly important for establishing a <strong>strong <a href="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>">online presence<!-- wpml:html_fragment </strong> --> and <strong>enhancing<!-- wpml:html_fragment </a> --> brand recognition</strong>. It also plays a significant role in SEO by improving search engine visibility and attracting organic traffic.

You can see that the a and strong tags should be closed before opening another strong tag, like this:

A memorable domain name is increasingly important for establishing a <strong>strong <a href="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>">online presence</a></strong> and <strong>enhancing brand recognition</strong>. It also plays a significant role in SEO by improving search engine visibility and attracting organic traffic.

Please correct the code in the page content and try to translate the page again to see if it helps.

Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks

April 27, 2024 at 9:08 am #15572506

marc-aureleL

Tags where closed. So, to resolve the issue, I replaced the tags with tags.

marc-aureleL confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-04-27 09:08:51.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.