Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
This is the page with woof filters that the translation is not working:

Solution:
kindly turn on the “Store a language cookie to support language filtering for AJAX” in WPMl > Languages.

Relevant Documentation:

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
July 11, 2022 at 2:40 pm #11643709

konstantinosP-5

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I'm trying to translate woof product filters in english and german.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

I added the strings to translation and when im logged-in i can see the translations.
When i view the website from another browser, without logging in, the translated strings do not appear.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

Please see the screenshots.

What is the link to your site?

This is the page with woof filters that the translation is not working:
hidden link

I've cleared the page cache, viewing the page when im not logged-in from incognito window but still i cannot see the translation.

If needed, i can provide you with admin access to the website.

Kind Regards,

Alex

not-loggein.png
loggein-correct-translations.png
July 12, 2022 at 8:08 am #11647545

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting WPML support.

This sounds like a cache-related issue, but since you've already cleared it, something else might still be caching it.

I would need to take a closer look at your site. So I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your Website so that I could investigate this.

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons, and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/plugin for these backup needs.
Your following answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme and to change configurations on the site if required. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

Also, I noticed that your “WP Memory Limit” PHP limit is below the required 128MB or recommended 256MB as described at: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/ . Could you please contact your hosting provider and ask them to increase this PHP value for you and also, ask them to update the MySQL version to 5.6+?

Thanks!

Kor

July 13, 2022 at 3:13 pm #11661035

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, I broke the English language filters here: hidden link while testing it.

But anyway, according to this article, hidden link , the taxonomy labels can be translated here hidden link and there is no need to translate it using the "String Translation".

I think this is what broke the translations. Could you restore the staging site so that I can investigate this further?

So sorry for the trouble and the inconvenience.

Thanks!

Kor

July 14, 2022 at 7:28 am #11664185

konstantinosP-5

Hi Kor,

No trouble at all, that's what testing environments are for. I restored the staging site 🙂

Thanks! please let me know when you have more information

July 18, 2022 at 2:22 pm #11686593

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your patience.

Could you please share FTP access here so I can escalate this to our 2nd Tier Support?

Your following answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

Thanks!

Kor

July 18, 2022 at 2:40 pm #11686773

konstantinosP-5

Unfortunately the company i work for, doesn't provide ftp information for security reasons.

Please forward the staging information to tier 2 support.

July 19, 2022 at 6:06 pm #11695701

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

I've escalated this to our 2nd tier support, and I will come back to you once I have feedback.

Thanks!

Kor

July 20, 2022 at 7:28 am #11698075

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

I have feedback and to fix this, kindly turn on the “Store a language cookie to support language filtering for AJAX” in WPMl > Languages.

Could you give it a try on your production site?

Thanks!

Kor

July 20, 2022 at 7:28 am #11698077

konstantinosP-5

Hi Kor,

Thank you for the update, i appreciate your help.

July 20, 2022 at 7:30 am #11698097

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

Alright then, please mark this ticket as resolved if the solution works for you.

Thanks!

Kor

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.