Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 -
- 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Yvette.

Author Posts
April 28, 2020 at 10:43 am #6010871

laurenceC-6

Swatch colours missing again

I reported this issue many times over the past year:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/swatch-colours-missing-again/

I have just updated all plugins and IT IS STILL NOT FIXED!

Please can someone fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have even given you the code to change. I make this change and we get no problems. Its commenting out on line, it is EASY.

This is extremely frustrating WPML is not fixing a reported bug with a solution for so long,
laurenceC-6 : Also, I do not want a chat here, I want to report it as an open ticket, so I am going now. Please reply letting me know when it is fixed.

April 29, 2020 at 1:34 pm #6022025

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I remember this.

I understand that the issue is "back" and that I need to report it again. Can you please tell me if whatever patch/workaround was applied before is helping you now?

In the meantime, I will be tracking down the old tickets and seeing how to properly escalate this again. I might have to ask you to upload the plugin to a sandbox site if I cannot get the most recent version easily.

Thanks for clarifying your status.

April 30, 2020 at 10:03 am #6029191

laurenceC-6

No I just commented out that one line of code that I detailed in another thread and it works, until a fix and release is made. Not sure why I should make a different patch that also does not exist in the updates? Can you send me the link to the patch to remind myself, there are too many threads opened in this issue I am getting lost in it all.

Due to WPML keep closing unresolved threads, I have multiple threads on these issues and its really confusing me now. There are two swatch issues. Please can you just stop closing threads when issues are NOT fixed, as I have to keep opening new ones, referencing the old threads, and getting confused between the two issues.

To summarise (again), the two swatch issues are as follows, and I dont know if they are related and so I don't know if my patch for (1) fixes (2) as I have not tested for (2) yet:

1) Saving a foreign language product deletes all colour swatches so they end up white #ffffff, see: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/swatch-colours-missing-again/ - this thread even gives you the code I used to fix it but seems its ignored in recent updates

2) This issue of translating swatch names results in swatches missing also - I have not tested for the fix reported above yet
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/swatches-missing-when-translating-option-names/

I dont think (2) relates to (1) because if we change the option names back to English, the colour swatches come back on the site, so its not like (1) where the options colours are just removed. So probably different issues.

April 30, 2020 at 10:17 am #6029493

Yvette
Supporter

Well - I´m more conused than you are.

So let´s start with the following:

1. Are both issues still present?

2. Are you currently able to operate?

Please be patient while I try to sort all this out. I do recall the last time we interfaced, the same confusion was at hand. And I think I listed the history of the tickets in one of our messages so I will go back there.

Please answer the questions so I know the state of affairs.

April 30, 2020 at 10:22 am #6029509

laurenceC-6

Out of the two issues, issue (1) still exists and is the purpose of this new thread. I would like to address that now. Issue 1, using core WooCommerce Multilingual code, does not allow us to operate effectively because all the swatch colours are white, so people cannot see the colours to choose from, and sales will drop dramatically. My own patch I offered on another thread fixes it for us and we can operate. But when we update WooCommerce Multilingual I need to implement my patch every time because WPML has not fixed it.

I do not know if issue (2) is fixed yet as I have not tested it. What issue 2 means is on all the foreign sites the options in peoples checkout and emails etc are all in English. So it means we are operation but of course its not ideal, its not professional. We would like to show foreign option names. Because we use colour swatches for people to choose it should not stop sales as people can see the colour, but of course its terribly unprofessional to have English options on our foreign sites.

So I would like to fix issue (1) first so we can update WooCommerce Multilingual safely without having to change our code, or losing all the swatch colours if we forget to patch the code.

This thread explains the issue and the fix we have implemented https://wpml.org/forums/topic/swatch-colours-missing-again/

May 7, 2020 at 12:31 pm #6080049

Yvette
Supporter

Just to let you know that I have initiated conversation with 2nd tier as to why this issue is still not fixed.