Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.30 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by olgaB-3 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Mateus Getulio.

Author Posts
June 27, 2022 at 6:26 pm #11554021

olgaB-3

The front page URL (English language) that shows in the sitemap shows incorrect URL hidden link

Incorrect: hidden link
It should be – hidden link

June 28, 2022 at 4:08 pm #11561575

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello again,

Just to make sure, could you please point us to the exact step-by-step to reproduce this issue? Also, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

June 28, 2022 at 4:45 pm #11561717

olgaB-3

Hello,

I already provided you access to the website and SFTP access yesterday in a private reply from June 27, see attached where to find the login info.

I moved the live website to the staging for you to be able to investigate without breaking the live website: hidden link

Back is done, as well as there is a daily backup enabled.

Please confirm if you managed to log in to the staging website.

Thank you,
Olga

2022-06-28 12_41_30-The front page URL (English language) that shows in the sitemap shows incorrect .png
June 28, 2022 at 5:04 pm #11561815

olgaB-3

As regards the step-by-step on how to replicate.

As I mentioned the issue was already fixed by Rank Math SEO.

YOu can remove their fix to see the exact issue. See the private reply from June 27 with all the details.

thank you,
Olga

June 28, 2022 at 8:12 pm #11562481

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hi Olga,

Thank you for providing the credentials, but unfortunately, they're not working: hidden link

Could you please review it and make sure that the login data is correct? I'm marking your next reply as private again, if you want to provide new credentials.

Looking forward to your reply. Thanks!

Best,
Mateus.

June 28, 2022 at 8:23 pm #11562541

olgaB-3

sorry about it, I just reset a password and udpated it in the same private reply. Please try it again.

thank you,
Olga

June 29, 2022 at 2:09 pm #11568957

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hello Olga,

Thank you for correcting the credentials.

It seems that the FTP login is not working as well. We receive these messages when trying to access the website files:

Error: Authentication failed.
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

I'm afraid that the FTP credentials would be necessary, in order to debug the issue without the risk of breaking the website. Could you please review it again? Thanks!

June 29, 2022 at 2:42 pm #11569191

olgaB-3

Sorry about it, I just updated the password, see the same private reply from 27 June.

Hope it works now.

Thank you,
Olga

June 29, 2022 at 7:26 pm #11570865

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hey there,

I checked this out but so far I couldn't find a fix for it.

I asked my colleagues to have a look at this issue in order to see if there's anything I'm missing.

I'll come back here as soon as one of my colleagues reply back to me (which it shouldn't take long).

Thanks,
Mateus.

June 29, 2022 at 7:37 pm #11570961

olgaB-3

Since Rank Math SEO already had a fix, it is ok for now.

Just wanted you to be aware of this issue as it is WPML related.

In case you find a fix you can apply it to your feature updates.

All the best,
Olga

June 30, 2022 at 6:47 pm #11580351

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hello Olga,

This issue was already reported in the past, but it should be solved with WPML SEO 2.0: https://wpml.org/errata/rankmath-seo-adds-incorrect-entries-for-translated-homepages-in-the-sitemap/

We tried to replicate the behavior on a clean install, but with no luck. We've followed these steps:

- Setup WPML in 2 languages
- Create a Home (static) page
- Create a blog page
- Set them accordingly
- Duplicate these pages
- Enable WPML SEO and RankMath SEO
- Checked sitemap: hidden link

We couldn't reproduce it. Perhaps am I missing some fundamental steps? Could you please tell me? If you want to access the Sandbox and replicate all the needed steps there, I'll provide you with the automatic login link in my next private reply.

Please let us know. Thanks!

July 1, 2022 at 5:22 pm #11586885

olgaB-3

I think we can close this ticket Since the issue is fixed on my side.

I have WPML SEO 2.0 and Rank Math set up on the websites and it works without causing this issue.

Thanks for looking into it.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.