Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Booking notes from Bookings and Appointments For WooCommerce Premium are not shown in secondary language.

Solution:
- Backup the site to prevent any issues.
- Go to WPML -> String Translation page
- Search for the booking note in main language.
- Select the strings and click on "Delete selected strings" button.
- Visit the product page a few times then go back to WPML -> String Translation page.
- Search for the booking note in main language again and translate it again.

Relevant Documentation:
N/A

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Yuko Sugiyama 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Subash Chandra Poudel.

Author Posts
December 24, 2022 at 1:05 am #12708367

Yuko Sugiyama

Tell us what you are trying to do?
The site has 3 languages: Japanese, English, and Spanish.
On the English product page, I want to display the word: "Comments: Please advise your hotel. " (please refer to the attachments.).
Although the correct string has appeared in the WPML string translation, the page shows "Comment". The translation in the other languages is fine. The issue occurs only on the English page.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
N/A

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Please see the attachments.

What is the link to your site?
The issue can see in the followings:
hidden link
hidden link

comments-string-issue.png
December 25, 2022 at 3:21 pm #12711129

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Before your ticket is assigned to one of my colleagues, please allow me to walk you through some initial debugging steps. This will help speed up the support process.

It seems that this issue is with the plugin.

hidden link

Can you please confirm this?

This plugin is officially compatible with WPML and WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency.

https://wpml.org/plugin/bookings-and-appointments-for-woocommerce-premium/

Can you please check that you correctly follow the guide on working with WPML and the WooCommerce Bookings And Appointments plugin?

hidden link

Regards,
Itamar.

December 26, 2022 at 6:56 am #12712395

Yuko Sugiyama

Hi Itamar,

Thank you for your help.
Yes, the website use PluginHive WooCommerce booking and appointments with WooCommerce.
I think I set up WPML & WPML WooCommerce Multilingual with the booking and appointments plugin.

Best regards,
Sugi

December 26, 2022 at 10:53 am #12713133

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi Sugi,

When I try to visit the site/links you shared I am getting "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT".

To troubleshoot the issue further I created a Sandbox site for you, which you can login to using the next link:

hidden link

Can you please login to the site, set it up with WPML, WooCommerce and your plugins with dummy and minimal content to see if you can replicate the issue in the site or not?

Please let me know how the test goes or the exact steps to see the issue on the site if it is replicable.

Regards,
Subash

December 28, 2022 at 12:54 am #12719993

Yuko Sugiyama

Hi Subash,

Thank you for set up the sandbox.
I tested in the sandbox and the issue is replicate.
The issue is only in English product page.

Best regards,
sugi

December 28, 2022 at 8:34 am #12721327

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

After editing the string translation of the notes and saving it again it seems to work fine on the sandbox site.

Can you please try editing the string and save with a minor edit like an extra space at the end of the string to see how it goes on your live site?

If the issue persist, I would need to take a closer look at your site. So I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP), preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated.

Your next answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

IMPORTANT: Please take a complete backup of the site to avoid data loss.

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Regards,
Subash

December 29, 2022 at 9:16 am #12727213

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

Thank you for the details.

However when trying to login to the site or even visit the site, I am getting "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT" error as shown on the screenshot attached.

Is the site down? Or is there some firewall or security setup that might be blocking me? If yes, please disable the firewall or whitelist my IP 27.34.48.109 so that I can access the site.

Regards,
Subash

scenearoo.com - Google Chrome 2022-12-29 14.57.38.png
December 29, 2022 at 10:37 am #12727805

Yuko Sugiyama

Hi,
Now, the firewall is unable. You can access the site.
Thank you for your support.
Best regards,
sugi

December 30, 2022 at 4:57 am #12731505

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

Thank you for the updates and your efforts in making the site accessible to me.

Here is the steps I followed and that fixed the issue:

- I went to WPML -> String Translation page
- Searched for "コメント:ご宿泊予定のホテル名をご記入ください。"
- I selected the strings and clicked on "Delete selected strings" button.
- I then visited the product page a few times then went back to WPML -> String Translation page.

- I searched for "コメント:ご宿泊予定のホテル名をご記入ください。" and translated it again.

Can you please the product page at your end and confirm if the issue is fixed or not?

Regards,
Subash

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.