Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Jesse 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Yvette.

Author Posts
July 27, 2022 at 12:19 pm #11750221

Jesse

Reference: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/there-is-a-problem-with-the-string-translation-table-on-your-site-2/

a month ago, I tried to solve the issue where I had this message on my site "There is a problem with the String Translation table in your site. This problem is not causing a problem running the site right now, but can become a critical issue in the future. WPML support team knows how to fix it. Please add a message in the relevant support thread and we'll fix it for you."

July 27, 2022 at 12:36 pm #11750373

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Reference to our recent chat, until this chat is handled by one of our support person, I've enabled your next reply as private, please fill in the necessary information and provide backups as requested earlier.

Regards.

July 27, 2022 at 6:01 pm #11753365

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I've been assigned to your ticket.

Your zip archive only had the wordpress files and no database included.

I would need the database in order to migrate your site.

Alternatively, for this error, if you can provide Cpanel access to your database, I can also correct the error in this manner.

Please advise or send the datavase.

July 28, 2022 at 10:37 am #11757991

Yvette
Supporter

The database you sent me only has 18 tables and most are not the standard WordPress tables.

Video: hidden link

When I try to import it I get a formatting error.

How are you making the database dump? Are you able to create it as per this article?
hidden link

Also, if you do not have access to Cpanel - how will you propose to fix your database? I can test the steps eventually on the cloned site you provide, but at some point, you will have to do the same SQL commands on your database yourself and this is ususally done via PhpMyAdmin offered by Cpanel.

Please advise.

July 28, 2022 at 2:32 pm #11760293

Jesse

Hello again,

I did exactly like the video you sent me and we do have an access to PhpMyAdmin with our hosting provider.

If you are able to tell me the steps to take or what table is missing, I can do them on my end.

Could it be that the formatting error is caused by your installation not allowing a certain weight for a file?

I did ask for another directly made from my hosting provider, in the hope that it works better 🙂

(hidden link)

Cordialy,
Alex

July 28, 2022 at 3:37 pm #11760803

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

Yes - that worked! Thank you.

I can see there is a missing index in icl_strings table. I have to escalate this to our 2nd tier support group for resolution.

July 28, 2022 at 4:07 pm #11760983

Jesse

Hi

That's great news!

Does that mean that i'll be transfer to another ticket or will 2nd tier person join this thread?

Thank you!

Cordialy,
Jesse

July 28, 2022 at 5:28 pm #11761227

Yvette
Supporter

2nd tier will work independently on this and communicate to me a solution. I have noted that you will need step-by-step instructions to repeat the fix on your own from PhpMyAdmin.

July 29, 2022 at 6:21 pm #11768937

Jesse

Sounds good!

is there a long wait period for the 2nd tier support?

Cordialy,
Jesse

August 1, 2022 at 10:04 am #11775587

Yvette
Supporter

Here is the patch file:
hidden link

Importing the file should be enough to fix the issue.

August 3, 2022 at 1:25 pm #11794293

Jesse

Hello!

I have requested access to the file in question with my work email, could you please check it out?

Thank you!

Cordialy,
Jesse

August 3, 2022 at 2:08 pm #11794723

Yvette
Supporter

Thanks for writing in - I've passed on your message to the 2nd tier supporter who owns the file.

If you have not heard from the in 24hrs please write again.

August 3, 2022 at 2:21 pm #11794797

Jesse

Hello!

Just got the file, so I upload this one to replace the SQL database that I have right now or do I just add it to the existing one?

Thank you for your quick answers

Cordialy,
Jesse

August 3, 2022 at 2:49 pm #11795187

Yvette
Supporter

I took a look at the sql - this is just a replacement icl_strings table that is fixed.

So you should drop the existing table and import this one.

August 3, 2022 at 3:19 pm #11795661

Jesse

Thank you! The message is no long there and the site seem to still be fonctionnal.

My issue is now resolved.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.