Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client was unable to view the Dutch version of a page on their website. Although the Dutch flag was visible when trying to switch languages in the front-end, clicking on it still resulted in the English page being displayed.
Solution:
We discovered that there was a 301 redirect from the Dutch URL to the English one, which was set up using the Redirection plugin. We disabled this redirect, and after doing so, the Dutch page became accessible.

If you're experiencing a similar issue where you can't switch to a different language version of a page on your site, we recommend checking for any redirects that might have been created with redirection plugins. If you find one, try disabling it to see if that resolves the issue.

Please note that this solution might not apply to your case, or it could be outdated. If after trying this step you still encounter problems, we highly recommend checking the related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the issue persists, please open a new support ticket with us for further assistance.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mohamed Sayed 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Mohamed Sayed.

Author Posts
February 22, 2024 at 7:41 am #15331309

Albert

Only the English version is online for this page: ankercrew.com/home/crew-insurance/disability/?lang=en.
I have checked and there is a page in Dutch but isn’t visible.

When i try to switch in the Frond-end with the language flags, the Dutch flag is visible, but when I try to open that page, it itsn't and the English one still appears.

February 22, 2024 at 5:07 pm #15335067

Mohamed Sayed

Hi Albert,
Thanks for contacting WPML support.

Please create a full backup of the database and website then go to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting page, and click the following:

- Clear the Cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Fix WPML table collation
- Set language information
- Fix post type assignment for translations

Let me know please if that helps.

Kind regards,
Mohamed

February 23, 2024 at 7:43 am #15336191

Albert

Hi Mohamed,

I have carried out all the steps you mentioned, but unfortunately this has no effect for the time being. Not even after clearing browser cache, server cache, etc.
Should I give you credentials for this website?

February 24, 2024 at 12:53 am #15339809

Mohamed Sayed

Please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to investigate the issue further.
Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated.

Your answer will be private, meaning only you and I can access it.

❌ Please backup your database and website first❌

✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate the Plugins and the Theme and change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

✙ I also need your permission to take a local copy of your site to debug the issue without affecting your live site if needed.

If you don't see the form below, please don't add your credentials as they will be publicly exposed:
hidden link

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thanks for your cooperation

February 27, 2024 at 2:38 pm #15349614

Mohamed Sayed

Hi,

I found a 301 redirect from the Dutch URL to the English one, it's created with the Redirection plugin hidden link

I disabled the redirect and I can access the Dutch page now hidden link

Kind regards,
Mohamed

February 27, 2024 at 3:15 pm #15349790

Albert

Thanks a lot, I haven't seen this specific redirect.

Albert confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-02-27 15:15:14.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.