Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
August 5, 2023 at 9:49 am #14157975

danielaK-9

Hi!
I am trying to translate the two Posts into German. No matter if I send them to automatic translation or use the advanced translation editor, the translation never shows up in German. Please help.

I also now paid for the same translation several times without it showing up.

hidden link

The posts I am referring to are Montezuma and Osa.

August 7, 2023 at 3:28 am #14160875

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi Daniela,

Thank you for contacting WPML support, I'd be happy to help you with this issue.

Maybe the translation of the post "Montezuma" is in the trash, please go to the trash and see if it is there. You can also edit the post "Montezuma" in English and switch to German with the language switcher at the topbar and see what is the status of the post.

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks

August 7, 2023 at 4:25 pm #14165431

danielaK-9

Obviously I did all the above already before reaching out to WPML support. If you saw my loom video you could see that it is just not saving the translation. There is currently no deleted posts in trash bin. Here another loom: hidden link

August 8, 2023 at 1:53 am #14166487

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Checking on our server, I see the translation of the post (hidden link) is translated and delivered to your site completely. But according to your screen record, I do not see the translation post created.

I suggest you can try some steps below and see if it helps:
1. Make a small change to the post title > Save changes > Create a translation in the German language.
2. Enable a minimal environment:
- Disable all non-WPML plugins.
- Switch to a standard theme of WordPress
❌ IMPORTANT: Please backup your database and website before proceeding ❌
You can use this plugin to create the backup: 
https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

If it does not help, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to have a testing site where the issue is replicated. Your next reply is set to private to share the info.
✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme to change configurations on the site if needed. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

Thanks

August 8, 2023 at 6:17 am #14166835

danielaK-9

Hi! Thank you for finally checking my issue. It is frustrating to wait over the weekend to get a standardized replay. So I am glad you finally took a look at it. The translation process has been an absolute nightmare. I can't even begin to count the issues I had including the money I had to invest for somebody to help me with it. Now, I paid for the translation several times (no word of reimbursement) and was left with a solution that will cost me hours to try and figure it out.

August 8, 2023 at 7:04 am #14166981

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

Please try 2 steps that I suggest above. If it does not help, please share your site credentials (wp-admin and FTP), I will take a closer look. Your next reply is set to private to share the info.
❌ IMPORTANT: Please backup your database and website before proceeding ❌

✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme to change configurations on the site if needed. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Translation not showing up’ is closed to new replies.