Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 24 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Jose Barajas 11 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Mateus Getulio.

Author Posts
May 1, 2023 at 3:59 pm #13565715

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

We support replies to the forum ticket only, if you want to have a quicker reply, please make a chat session.

Regarding this solution (page) hidden link

I've moved the section "Related Resources" to the second position, update the page and update the translation with Advanced Translation Editor (ATE) then do not see any issue on the translation page hidden link

Please check this screenshot hidden link

Can you please share a screen record of the issue on your end while using ATE?

If you send the content to a translation service, it works like ATE and the content will not be disappeared on the frontend as the main issue of this ticket. You can make a test with a page on your site and see how it goes.

There is one note: if you use the field preference "Copy Once" => you have to use the WordPress editor and update the field value and order in the second language manually. Please read more in the documentation https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/recommended-custom-fields-translation-preferences-for-acf-and-wpml/

Look forward to your reply.
Thanks

May 2, 2023 at 12:05 am #13566571

Jose Barajas

Here is The video of my steps
hidden link

I also have to make a correction on further inspection after translating the content it did not fix the page it in fact just redirected me to english.

URL
hidden link

May 2, 2023 at 2:48 pm #13571651

Jose Barajas

Hi I am Based on the West Coast of the United States can i be switched over to someone in my region to be able to continue with support. Its difficult for me to keep up since were on opposite schedules.

May 2, 2023 at 8:57 pm #13574161

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. I'll be in charge of the ticket, as per your request of a supporter in the same time zone.

First of all, may I kindly ask you to do the updates available here? hidden link

We can see that ACF needs to be updated, so it might be related to the issue. Please give it a try and let us know if the problem persists after the updates.

Looking forward to your reply. Thank you!

Best,
Mateus.

May 2, 2023 at 10:13 pm #13574291

Jose Barajas

Hi Mateus,
I updated the plugin I am still facing the issue here
hidden link

May I ask are there plans to fix the issue for synching fields across languages breaking if you use wordpress editor . I dont think the fields breaking on translated pages is an acceptable out come as of now. Regardless of the advance wpml editor

Thanks,
Jose

May 3, 2023 at 1:20 pm #13579059

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hi Jose,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you please tell us what exactly is wrong in the mentioned page? We have checked it and its translations, but they seem the same.

Moreover, by chance, is this a development website where we can make tests without worrying in breaking it?

If not, do we have your authorization to make a copy of the website and migrate it into another server? In order to perform more complex tests without compromising the original website.

Please keep us posted about it. Thank you.

May 3, 2023 at 2:15 pm #13579505

Jose Barajas

Hi Mateus ,
This is a development site it does live on pantheon for your convieniance I can attach the dump of the latest code,file,and db if you can make my next comment private

May 3, 2023 at 2:18 pm #13579523

Jose Barajas

Here is a recording of the issue and what happens:
hidden link

just a note if I move the english blade back to its original position the content returns for some reason

May 3, 2023 at 5:01 pm #13581133

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hello Jose,

Thanks for the clarifications.

We've just checked that you haven't chosen the adequate expert option for the 'Page Builder' field group: hidden link

After selecting the 'Same fields across languages' option, and then updating the French page, the content is appearing correctly: hidden link.

It seems that none of your field groups has an expert option enabled. I strongly recommend that you read our doc related and check what option will be better for you: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/expert-translation-option/. It might be necessary to update the original language post and the translated post right away.

Please review this info and let us know if the issue is solved now. Thank you.

May 6, 2023 at 5:09 pm #13598895

Jose Barajas

I have been ill the past couple of days I am still working on this ticket

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.