Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 71 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 6 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
October 23, 2023 at 8:47 am #14634569

louisN-4

is urgent almost every 20 minues i get server notification about cpu spike, and the slow log is full with the queries i showed you, the site is not functioning right due to it

October 23, 2023 at 9:35 am #14635251

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Thanks for your reply.

Please allow me to discuss this further with our 2nd Tier Support. I will come back to you once I've feedback.

October 23, 2023 at 12:44 pm #14638147

louisN-4

man how can i pass along that ITS URGENT

The ticket is a week and half old, and site is not working and collapsing

October 23, 2023 at 3:11 pm #14639697

louisN-4

The server keeps getting OOM every several hours

CAN YOU PLEASE ASK SOMEONEN TO SOLVE OUR PROBLEM - ASAP

October 23, 2023 at 3:27 pm #14639765

Kor
Supporter

Thank you for your response.

I'm sorry to hear about the challenges you're currently experiencing, and we are committed to assisting you further with these issues.

I have some feedback to provide, and I'll outline it as follows:

1. Regarding the queries discussed here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/urgent-wpml-db-looping/page/3/#post-14624575
Response: It appears that these are requests sent to the Advanced Translation Editor (ATE) for translation. It's possible that a significant number of entries were sent for translation. To investigate further, we will need to check the Advanced Translation Editor log, which can be found in WPML > Support > Advanced Translation Editor > Error logs. Unfortunately, the provided token key (hidden link) is no longer active, so we cannot access the information at this time.

2. The debug log appears to be inflated, displaying the error mentioned here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/urgent-wpml-db-looping/page/3/#post-14626893, and this is causing server crashes.
Response: The error log indicates that there is "no space left on the device", which is a significant issue. It could be due to either the temporary directory being unwritable or the server running out of available space. To resolve this, we recommend contacting your hosting provider for assistance. They can help either make the temporary directory writable or clear enough space to allow the necessary database operations to proceed.

3. You are receiving server notifications about CPU spikes occurring every 20 minutes.
Response: We are not entirely sure why this is happening, but if there is a lack of space (as indicated in point #2), it may be due to numerous queries repeatedly failing. This, in conjunction with WordPress cron jobs (scheduled tasks), can lead to increased server load. Our initial focus should be on resolving the database issue (#1) and addressing the server space constraint (#2). We recommend reaching out to your hosting company for their expertise and assistance in resolving these matters.

Let me know how it goes.

October 23, 2023 at 4:45 pm #14640261

louisN-4

if the admin token is not working that means 7 days have passed without you resolving it !

i really don't understand in what world you live in, i told you last weekend, THIS IS URGENT, and you keep taking your time, and you even wrote me the site is working, but i kept telling you, that your slow queries are killing our server resources,
and you live in imaginary world that i was ling to you, so guess what i am not lieing to you, and now server is up and down again BECAUSE YOU ARE TAKING YOUR TIME HANDLING THINGS

our debug log is now again out of control - hidden link
i managed to take some of it, probably becuase your looping query is killing server resource, the server went down again probably again and now even more problems

THIS IS ABSURD, PLEASE SOLVE MY PROBLEM CAUSED BY YOUR PLUGIN !

STOP TAKING THE TIME, AND HAVE A SERIOUS PERSON LOOK WHY THIS IS HAPPENING AND SOLVE IT - THIS IS MY BUSINESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

October 23, 2023 at 4:47 pm #14640265

louisN-4

i deleted the log, and still the debug log is inflated, and i am sorry but this is totally due to you

i told you last weekend this is urgent, and you brushed me off, said its not urgent

and now the server keeps collapsing over and over again

the server has been up for 7 hours without collapsing, you could have fixed it, in that time, but again you brushed me off

CAN YOU PLEASE TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY FINALLY?

October 23, 2023 at 5:38 pm #14640453

louisN-4

the server has enough space, we checked

but the server non stop goings up an down, due to that 3 stuck queries that you failed to solve last weekend when i told you right away about them !

October 23, 2023 at 11:33 pm #14641721

louisN-4

and those 3 queries, keep SENDING those queries in a loop to our server and causing it to collapse non stop

CAN you please URGENTLY resolve this?

your wordpress admin works now, but you also need to go into phpmyadmin and look at the tables at whats missing that is causing this infinite looping

October 24, 2023 at 8:40 am #14644111

louisN-4

now the site is still functioning - we restored it last night again,

Can you please check it to resolve the issue as soon as possible?

in addition, you never told me and i never asked, in query monitor, am i suppose to have these 3 queries, non stop working?

A. THIS ESPECIALLY RUNS EVERY 1 SECOND

SELECT wpml_translations.element_id, tax.term_id, tax.taxonomy
FROM lsk_icl_translations wpml_translations JOIN lsk_term_taxonomy tax
ON wpml_translations.element_id = tax.term_taxonomy_id
AND wpml_translations.element_type = CONCAT('tax_', tax.taxonomy) JOIN lsk_terms terms
ON terms.term_id = tax.term_id
WHERE tax.term_id != tax.term_taxonomy_id

B. SELECT jobs.rid, jobs.job_id as jobId, jobs.editor_job_id as ateJobId, jobs.automatic , translation_status.status, translation_status.review_status, jobs.ate_sync_count > 100 as isLongstanding
FROM lsk_icl_translate_job as jobs
INNER JOIN lsk_icl_translation_status translation_status
ON translation_status.rid = jobs.rid
INNER JOIN lsk_icl_translations translations
ON translation_status.translation_id = translations.translation_id
INNER JOIN lsk_icl_translations parent_translations
ON translations.trid = parent_translations.trid
AND parent_translations.source_language_code IS NULL
LEFT JOIN lsk_posts posts
ON parent_translations.element_id = posts.ID
WHERE jobs.job_id IN (
SELECT MAX(job_id)
FROM lsk_icl_translate_job
GROUP BY rid )
AND jobs.editor = 'ate'
AND ( translation_status.status IN (1,2,40)
OR 1=0 )
AND translations.language_code IN ('nl','en','de','he','ru')
AND ( posts.post_status IS NULL
OR posts.post_status <> 'trash' )

C. SELECT COUNT(jobs.job_id)
FROM lsk_icl_translate_job as jobs
WHERE jobs.editor = 'ate'

October 24, 2023 at 8:43 am #14644119

louisN-4

we do see a mafunction on the macro level, because when we monitor the db server, as i noted you when i opened the ticket,

we can see 20% ram load, while we don't run any queries ourselves + we know:
SELECT wpml_translations.element_id, tax.term_id, tax.taxonomy ...

keeps running nonstop on the db - and all are slow queries, so that is what causing the mayhem

October 24, 2023 at 9:33 am #14645065

Kor
Supporter

I appreciate your feedback.

I want to assure you that we are actively working to pinpoint the problem. I have shared the debug log and query monitor data with our second-tier support team for further analysis.

October 24, 2023 at 9:39 am #14645195

louisN-4

i know you try, but know that our server keeps collapsing due to those stuck queries, and i have to spend with knownhost several hours every 1-2 days to bring the server back up

October 24, 2023 at 9:41 am #14645261

Kor
Supporter

Thank you for your response.

I will reach out to you again once I receive an update from them. I apologize once more for any inconveniences you've experienced.

October 24, 2023 at 1:01 pm #14647873

louisN-4

according to the db load i see it has not yet resolved 🙁

can you update me what you are doing to resolve this?

The topic ‘[Closed] URGENT – WPML DB LOOPING’ is closed to new replies.