Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alejandroe-10 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
November 10, 2022 at 9:23 pm #12434207

alejandroe-10

I am trying to: Logged as administrator I get a blank page when using the search form of my theme, not logged users or logged normal users works fine. Disabling WPML String Translation plugin work fine for administrator accounts again.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see: The results of the search form.

Instead, I got: Blank page.

working.jpg
Blank Page.jpg
November 12, 2022 at 4:42 am #12443359

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Can you please install the Traveller Theme in its latest available version on this test site and try to recreate the issue, so that we can confirm if this is a general issue between the theme and WPML String Translation?

One-Click-Login:
hidden link

Please leave me a short notification on this ticket once you are done with this task so that we can take further steps.

Best regards
Andreas

November 15, 2022 at 9:10 pm #12467179

alejandroe-10

Hi, Andreas, the theme is now installed on the sandbox, in order to work the theme is asking for registration, I can make you an access to my website so you can check directly if you want.

traveler.jpg
November 16, 2022 at 3:33 am #12468423

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Indeed, but in case I can verify that this might be a compatibility issue between the theme and WPML then we do need the latest version of the theme available on the test site for internal review and escalation of the issue - maybe you could try to obtain a development key from the theme support, if necessary?

But first, for now, please provide me admin access to your site, so that I can have a closer look at the issue.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better for a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “All In One WP Migration” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

The steps are also shown in this video: hidden link

Best regards
Andreas

November 16, 2022 at 9:12 pm #12476859

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

In fact, I can not confirm what solved the issue now, but it seems to work after taking all those steps.

What I did:

- Made sure to translate the Traveler Permalink Slugs with String Translation (entries for Traveller insider WP Permalink settings).

- Kept the same slug for all custom taxonomies of Traveler

- Made sure that not any fallback setting is used for Traveler Custom Post Types or Taxonomies inside the WPML Settings (You need to translate all contents for the search to work as expected, as informed by the author in their WPML documentation)

- Set the post type Option Tree to translatable and went to the Traveler Theme Options, selected "All languages" in the top admin bar, and saved theme options in order to make sure that those settings are applied to all languages.

Best regards
Andreas

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.