Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Itamar.

Author Posts
November 25, 2019 at 3:12 pm #5014981

Robert

Hello, i HAVE installed the theme and demo content etc, wrote wrong above 🙂

November 26, 2019 at 12:19 pm #5021195

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi, and thanks for setting everything up on the sandbox site.

You didn't mention the steps of how I can replicate the issue. Therefore I've tried the following and saw that there is no problem to show the translation of an HTML Block. Here is what I did.

1. In HTML Blocks, I created a new HTML Block in the Swedish language with the nake 'My HTML Block.'

2. Inside it, I added a Text element of the WPBakery and added some text.

3. Then I translated the HTML Block with WPML's Translation Editor.

4. Now, I created a new page and added the HTML shortcode into the content area and published the page.

5. Then I translated the page with WPML's Translation Editor.

6. On the Norwegian side, I changed the ID of the shortcode into the ID of the translated HTML BLock. I've found this ID when I checked the Norwegian All Items of the HTML Block. Please see the attached screenshots.

7. When I finished the translation of the page, I could see that I'm getting the translated HTML Block. Please see the attached screenshot.

I think that it a good way to show the translated HTML blocks. If you think that I'm not getting the issue please share with me the exact steps of how to replicate the issue and add some screenshots.

Thanks,
Itamar.

2019-11-26_14-05-03.jpg
2019-11-26_14-05-39.jpg
2019-11-26_14-16-49.jpg
November 27, 2019 at 11:24 am #5028471
Robert

Okey thanks.
Now to the next problem with the HTML Blocks and WPML i earlier mentioned. The same theme but on another website. It converts url when i use WPML from nice urls such as "/produkt-kategori/bia-original/" to ugly "/?product_cat=bia-original" that wont work with different languages. Why does it destroy the url?

I tried to deactivate WPML and then it works to save the nice url as it should.

New threads created by Itamar and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-wpml-changes-the-url-for-product-category-base/

November 28, 2019 at 12:39 pm #5035891

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Let's please continue the other issue with the change URL structure in this thicket.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-wpml-changes-the-url-for-product-category-base/

If the issue of this ticket (HTML Blocks ID) is solved, please mark this ticket as resolved.

Thanks,
Itamar.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.