Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.04 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Bigul.

Author Posts
August 13, 2023 at 9:22 am #14192725

marcoB-10

Hi,

On my website, hidden link, WPML is not working anymore after updating it.

1) The flag icons to switch languages (Italian/English) disappeared.

2) Under Dashboard I don't have the WPML entry, so I cannot give you the Debug info!

3) In Dashboard - Plugins I have these errors:
WPML Media is enabled but not effective. It requires WPML in order to work.
WPML Sticky Links is enabled but not effective. It requires WPML in order to work.
Please activate WPML Multilingual CMS to have WPML String Translation working.

WPML Media and Sticky Links are enabled.

Can you please help me?

August 13, 2023 at 9:29 am #14192729

marcoB-10

The website is updated to WordPress version 6.3.

August 13, 2023 at 11:10 am #14192887

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Before your ticket is assigned to one of my colleagues, I'd like to assist you with some initial debugging steps to expedite the support process.

These issues arise when the WPML Multilingual CMS plugin is disabled. Could you please take a backup of your site and try to activate the WPML Multilingual CMS plugin and let us know how it goes?

If you see any errors in activating it, please share the error details with us. If you don’t see the WPML Multilingual CMS plugin under Dashboard >> Plugins > Installed plugins page, please download the latest 4.6.5 version from your account's downloads page: https://wpml.org/account/downloads/ and install/activate it on your site.

Please let us know the results,

Thank you

August 13, 2023 at 12:24 pm #14193183

marcoB-10

Hi Norman,

I've downloaded WPML Multilingual CMS v 4.6.5.

Then, Add Plugin - Upload Plugin - Install now.

The installation gives this error:

"The link you followed has expired. Please try again."

I have tried many times but get the same message.

August 14, 2023 at 8:35 am #14195921

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Vienna (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Can you please try to upload the WPML Multilingual CMS plugin files via FTP? It will help to resolve the issue.

Maybe you are getting the The link you followed has expired. Please try again warning is related to the hosting configuration. Please check the following URL for more details.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11719495/php-warning-post-content-length-of-8978294-bytes-exceeds-the-limit-of-8388608-b

--
Thanks!

Bigul

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.