Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 38 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
March 15, 2023 at 4:13 pm #13253553

Faisal Ahammad

Hi there,

Good afternoon!

I noticed that you've manually duplicated the page. When a page is duplicated manually, its content won't be automatically translated, as the new page will be independent, and its design can be changed.

To have the content automatically translated, you should choose the 'Translate' option from the main page. This will create a new page that's translated into the target language.

If you want to translate the existing duplicate page, you can either manually translate the content or delete the page and create a new one. Then you'll be able to use the automatic translation option.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
Faisal

CleanShot 2023-03-15 at 22.03.54@2x.jpg
March 17, 2023 at 1:12 am #13264951

poonyalidP Site owner

Hi,

From my above question.

For product in Woocommerce, WPML translate only one part but not the second product details.

How to fix?

Thanks.

March 17, 2023 at 2:37 pm #13270393

poonyalidP Site owner

Hi,

I just create a woocommerce product primary in English. Then I let WPML duplicate translate to Thai.

But some contents are not translate to Thai. Still in English.

Please see the sample.

Primary English version:
hidden link

Translated to Thai version: (problem, still showing some English contents)
hidden link

Please help.

I need to finish the job in time for launching new products.

Thanks.

300.JPG
March 19, 2023 at 7:15 am #13277041

Faisal Ahammad

Hi there,

Good morning! I hope you're doing well.

Upon further investigation, I discovered that you hadn't translated the "*NEW* ALTENGE JACKET" product description into Thai. This is why your Thai product page still displays the English description at the bottom.

After creating your product, go to the WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency > Products page. Then click on the pencil icon to translate the string. From what I can see, your automatic translation is paused, which is why the content isn't being translated automatically.

I've outlined the process in this video, which you can follow: hidden link.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,
Faisal

CleanShot 2023-03-19 at 13.14.03@2x.jpg
Advanced Translation Editor - WPML.jpg
March 20, 2023 at 5:36 am #13280487

poonyalidP Site owner

Hi,

Thank you very much for your video.

The reason I paused auto translation because my server is very high CPU and RAM usage and I paused for investigate the problem.

From your instruction, it seems like the translation should be done manually.

Can I let the WPML to auto translate everything automatically without manual translation word by word as you mentioned in the video?

Before I paused, it's set to translate automatically. When I create a new product page and let translate automatically, WPML only translate the Product short description but not the whole page. The description are as you seen are not translated.

I'll enable the auto translate now. Please show me again how the whole product page will be auto translate?

Please advice.

Thanks.

Thanks.

11.JPG
March 20, 2023 at 5:54 am #13280521

poonyalidP Site owner

Hi,

I just resume the automatic translation.

I want to auto translate both way (Thai=>Eng and also Eng=>Thai).

More question, do I need to review for every translation? Please see illustrated.

More question, from your advice "After creating your product, go to the WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency > Products page", do I need to do it every time I create new product? Or can it be automatically translate?

Moreover, do you have video instruction how to use WPML for auto translate WooCommerce products?

Thanks.

22.JPG
11.JPG
March 20, 2023 at 6:23 am #13280613

poonyalidP Site owner

Hi,

I tried to click Automatically translate to Thai for this product, but the front end, still not translate. Still English.

hidden link

44.JPG
33.JPG
March 20, 2023 at 10:44 am #13282923

Faisal Ahammad

Hi there,

Good afternoon! I hope you're doing great.

Since Thai is your site's primary language, you must first add a post/page/product in Thai. WPML will then automatically translate the content into the secondary language (English).

However, if you add the post/page/product in English, WPML won't be able to translate it into Thai automatically. In this case, you'll need to translate the content manually.

Keep in mind that the automatic translation feature does not cover the following:

1. Unpublished drafts
2. Content created in a secondary language
3. Pages or posts previously translated using a different method to avoid overwriting existing translations. Instead, please continue to use the same translation method you originally used (https://wpml.org/faq/why-arent-my-translations-showing/) for those pages and posts.

For more information, please visit: https://wpml.org/documentation/automatic-translation/

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
Faisal

March 20, 2023 at 2:19 pm #13285207

poonyalidP Site owner

Hi.

Thanks for your explanation.

Yes, my primary language is Thai.

But many time I receive original content format in English. Example, products with English description. So I need to do both language (Thai and Eng).

So what should I do? What is the proper and easiest way to do translate and available in both languages.

How about if I create product primary in English. Then I enter translation page and client "Auto translate to Thai" at the top menu and click accept?

I tested it but when saved, the Thai version product will showing English content as previous illustrated above.

Thanks.

March 21, 2023 at 8:52 am #13290959

Faisal Ahammad

Hi there,

Good evening.

1. Firstly, I kindly request that you create a product in the Thai language and allow WPML to translate the content into English automatically. If you encounter any issues, such as Thai text remaining in the English product description, please let me know so I can investigate further.

2. Secondly, if you add a product in English, WPML will not be able to translate it to Thai automatically. You will need to translate it, as you have manually done before. If you come across any English text on the Thai product page, please ensure that you have followed the recommended guidelines outlined on this page: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/how-to-build-multilingual-sites-with-wpbakery-page-builder-and-wpml/.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Best regards,
Faisal

March 23, 2023 at 4:16 pm #13317171

poonyalidP Site owner

Hi,

I test create new product primary in Thai but why some are not translated to English.

hidden link

hidden link

Please see attachments.

Thanks.

33.JPG
22.JPG
11.JPG
March 25, 2023 at 6:59 am #13328209

poonyalidP Site owner

Hi,

I just hire a programmer to fix all the slow WordPress and Woocommerce both fronend and backend speed and error problem.

Now I found problem with the translation.

When I go to WooCommerce>Woocommerce Multilingual and Multicurrency> and click a pencil icon (Update english translation) for a pending translate product, the new open page show blank page.

Moreover, at the top menu WPML icon, it keep running forever for many days.

How to fix?

Thanks.

213.JPG
212.JPG
211.JPG
March 25, 2023 at 7:00 am #13328277

poonyalidP Site owner

How can I send you the WPML debug information?

March 26, 2023 at 4:15 am #13330621

poonyalidP Site owner

Hi,

Any update? I need to finish the translation within tonight before launch new products next week.

Thanks.....

212.JPG
March 26, 2023 at 8:57 am #13330987

Faisal Ahammad

Hello,

After further investigation, I have transferred your issue to our second-tier support team. They will investigate the issue and attempt to resolve it as soon as possible. Once I have received an update from them, I will be sure to let you know.

I appreciate your cooperation and understanding. If you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Thank you,
Faisal

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML not translate’ is closed to new replies.