Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author Posts
February 20, 2023 at 2:29 pm #13071045

martijnP-6

wpml: Site key does not match for hidden link

How to fix this??

February 20, 2023 at 3:18 pm #13071559

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Please make sure your current site URL and registered site URL are the same e.g. with www or without www.

Could you please follow the below steps and let me know how it goes?

1. Go to Plugins >> Add new > Commercial tab and click the ‘Unregister WPML from this site’ link if that link exists.
2. Then please click the ‘Register WPML’ link.
3. Click the ‘Get a key for this site’ link.
4. It will generate the Key for your site.
5. Copy the key and paste it back to the input box and press the Register button.

If still an issue persists, please delete the existing key and create a new one by following the below steps:

1. Please login to your WPML account >> Go to the Sites page.
2. Delete the existing site key.
3. Create a new subscription key for your site.
4. Visit the Site Dashboard and go to Plugins >> Add New >> Commercial tab.
5. Click on the “Unregister WPML from this site” button.
6. Register with the new site key and refresh the page.

Here is the doc for more details:
https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#register

Please add the debug report in the Debug Information box. I have also enabled debug info box for your next reply: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or if you need further assistance.

Thank you

February 20, 2023 at 3:46 pm #13071895

martijnP-6

Thanks, I did the first part, this is the message that is showed (in Dutch):

"WPML plugin kan geen verbinding maken met wpml.org
WPML moet verbinding maken met zijn server om nieuwe releases en beveiligingsupdates te zoeken. Iets in het netwerk of de beveiligingsinstellingen voorkomt dit. Laat uitgaande communicatie toe tot wpml.org om dit bericht te verwijderen."

I translated it for you:

"WPML plugin cannot connect to wpml.org
WPML needs to connect to its server to look for new releases and security updates. Something in the network or security settings is preventing this. Please allow outbound communication to wpml.org to remove this message."

February 20, 2023 at 5:03 pm #13072703

Noman
Supporter

It seems you have registered WPML successfully on your site: hidden link so it’s (the WPML plugin cannot connect to wpml.org) a false-positive notification you can remove it by following the below steps:

1. Please go to WP Dashboard Menu >> Updates.
2. Press the "Check again" link.
3. Now please go to the Plugins page and see if that notification still exists or not.

If still an issue persists, please follow the steps from this thread: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-plugin-cannot-connect-to-wpml-53/#post-12212777

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or if you need further assistance with this issue.

Thank you

February 20, 2023 at 8:00 pm #13073653

martijnP-6

Hmm, I still get the message. But we were able to update WPML. So in the end all good, just stupid that the message is still there.

On behalf of time, I skip fixing this since it otherwise is not bothersome. Thanks.

February 21, 2023 at 8:05 am #13075929

Noman
Supporter

Glad to hear you are able to update the WPML plugins now so it’s a false positive notification that will not cause any issues in your site working.

Please feel free to create a new chat/ticket if something for us later on and we would be happy to help.

Have an excellent day ahead, thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.