Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 18:00 15:00 – 18:00 15:00 – 18:00 15:00 – 18:00 15:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
August 12, 2023 at 6:31 am #14191247

arnaudD-20

I am trying to translate field field but not able to translate lock icon coming when i switch langage and try to change file for other language please help me with this issue thanks

Screenshot from 2023-08-12 11-55-26.png
August 14, 2023 at 7:17 am #14194869

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support. Sorry for the delay in responding due to the weekend.

I understood the issue you're having. The field will be locked in the secondary language if the translation preference for the field is set to "Copy". To unlock that field and add different contents, please follow the steps below.

- Please go to "WPML > Settings" and scroll down to the "Custom field translation" section.
- Search for the "File" field
- If that field appears in the result, set the Translation preference to "Copy once" or "Translate"
- Save the changes

Please check this documentation to know more about the Translation preference for the custom fields: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/recommended-custom-fields-translation-preferences-for-acf-and-wpml/

Please let me know if that helps or if you need further assistance. I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

August 17, 2023 at 7:12 am #14242565

arnaudD-20

thanks for your reply i followed your steps please check screenshot attached here also lock icon coming and when i click on lock icon it redirected me to field group page i am not getting how to enable this i tried one more thing if i disable "Advanced Custom Fields Multilingual" this plugin then lock removed and translation also working fine so this plugin is really essential or not please reply urgent we have two sites for client and need to fix this issue as soon as possible and my options pages field is not coming wpml > setting > field translation is there any other process for translating options pages fields please let me know this too

Screenshot from 2023-08-17 12-38-09.png
Screenshot from 2023-08-17 12-39-05.png
August 18, 2023 at 3:21 am #14249345

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,

In order to translate the ACF fields, the ACF Multilingual plugin is required. So, this plugin is really essential.

If attempting to unlock the Field consistently redirects you to the Field Group page, this likely indicates that the Translation Mode of the Field Group needs to be changed. Please follow the steps outlined below to see if they help in resolving the issue:

- Please go to "ACF > Field Groups" and open the Field group that contains the 'File' field.
- On the "Multilingual Setup" section, you'll see the option to change the Translation mode for the field group. Click on the "Change Option" link
- Select "Different field across languages" from the popup and save the Field Group.

Next, navigate to the default page where the File field is present, and make a small adjustment to the title of the page. After making this change, save the updates and try to update the translation. Hopefully, you will find that the field is now unlocked when you try to update the translated page. Please note that you can only translate the custom field content using the native WordPress editor if the Translation mode is set to "Different fields across languages"

More info: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/recommended-custom-fields-translation-preferences-for-acf-and-wpml/#pre-set-translation-preferences

Let me know if that helps or if you need further assistance in this matter. I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

The topic ‘[Closed] advanced custom field file field is not able to translate lock icon comin’ is closed to new replies.