Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is experiencing an issue where the 'Processing order' email from WooCommerce is not being translated into Chinese, despite other strings being correctly translated. The client discovered that the issue was due to using a custom template and resolved it by rescanning the template with the theme.

However, the client is now asking where to translate the {site_title} placeholder, as it cannot be found in the string translation.

Solution:
We recommend translating strings like {site_title} by navigating to WPML → String Translation → Translate texts in admin screens.

For more detailed instructions, please refer to our documentation on finding and translating strings that don't appear on the String Translation page.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqas Bin Hasan 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqas Bin Hasan.

Author Posts
November 14, 2023 at 4:56 pm #14801031

chun-pongt

Hi, i have string tranlation done which is on Processing order email

<p><?php printf(esc_html__('Just to let you know — we\'ve received your order #%s, and it is now being processed:', 'woocommerce'), esc_html($order->get_order_number())); ?></p>

But the email still in english when i am in chinese , but other stings like <p><?php printf(esc_html__('Hi %s,', 'woocommerce'), it is ok

any idea what problem is it ?

Thank mango

November 15, 2023 at 2:10 am #14803585

chun-pongt

hi , i knew the problem now cause i am using custom template and i scan it again with the theme, now is ok, but i have other queston . where can i translate the {site_title}, i cant find it on string translation , thank

螢幕擷取畫面 2023-11-15 101030.png
November 15, 2023 at 12:10 pm #14807929

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the support.

You can find such strings in WPML → String Translation → Translate texts in admin screens. Please see https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/#translate-admin-and-settings-strings for more details.

Regards.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.