Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.21 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mateus Getulio 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Mateus Getulio.

Author Posts
May 4, 2022 at 2:31 pm #11152309

tomasA-11

Tell us what you are trying to do? Trying translate a menu

Is there any documentation that you are following? Yes, watched a video psychedelic, I can't understand why it's done that way, why not just a popup, type in translation and done?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? hidden link

menuwpml.png
May 5, 2022 at 2:27 pm #11160441

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hey there,

Thanks for your contact, and welcome to the WPML support forum!

Have you already tried to manually translate the menu, by going to WP Dashboard -> Appearance -> Menus? Screenshot: hidden link

You can also translate it automatically. Please make sure to fully read our documentation related: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/

If the issue persists after the steps outlined in the documentation, we can test a possible solution. We've just launched new versions for the core plugin and its addons. Could you please try to update them and check if the issue remains?

Just to be safe, please make a backup of the site files and database before doing the following procedure:

- Inside your wp-admin please go to Plugins -> Add New
- Then click on the "Commercial" tab and click on the "Check for updates" button in the WPML section
- After that please select every red plugin available in the list and then click on "Download" at the bottom of the grid

Alternatively, if you are not able to update the plugins on the backend, you can download the latest versions here: https://wpml.org/account/downloads/, and then upload it on Plugins -> Add New. After updating the plugins, please check if the issue persists.

Keep us posted about your results. Looking forward to your reply!

Regards,
Mateus.

May 9, 2022 at 4:30 pm #11183481

tomasA-11

Hi, the menus is translated.
The problem is that when I tried to translate "bilmärken" (Source language Swedish) into Car brands it moved on the webpage and lost it's children.
As you can see on the image I have attached I have translated it, but it's not green anymore in the admin GUI, now in red and blue and shows up on the wrong location on the website.
What to do?

2022-05-09_18-29-13.png
May 9, 2022 at 8:14 pm #11184349

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hello,

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

May 10, 2022 at 7:34 pm #11192659

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hey there,

Thanks for providing the website credentials.

We have just checked the issue by going to the WP Dashboard -> Appearance -> Menus screen, and it seems that the menu is actually not translated.

Please try to add the English translation (screenshot: hidden link), and check if the problem will be resolved.

Keep us posted. Thank you!

Best,
Mateus.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.