Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.11 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqas Bin Hasan 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqas Bin Hasan.

Author Posts
June 2, 2022 at 2:38 pm #11374515

maxineE-2

Hi. I'm wondering is there a way to make the post type settings based off of language only and not the same for all?

For example Japanese all posts are not translatable and then Spanish all posts are. Is this possible? Default language is english.

June 3, 2022 at 10:09 am #11381797

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the support.

If I understood correctly, you want a post type to set as translatable while the other as not-translatable, is this correct? If yes, then you can set this in WPML → Settings and scroll to the Post Types Translation section.

Please see https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-posts/ for more details.

Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue. Or I'll try my best to further assist you on the matter.

Regards.

June 6, 2022 at 7:17 pm #11398679

maxineE-2

That is incorrect. I'm looking to have the same post type to be able to be translatable in some languages, but not in others.

June 8, 2022 at 7:14 am #11410049

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

No, that's not possible, but you can use Translatable – use translation if available or fallback to default language option in Post Type Translation settings. Please see https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/ for details.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.