Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.88 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 28 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 6 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Itamar.

Author Posts
September 25, 2023 at 9:05 am

thomasV-73

I startes suffering the following problem after completing the WPML reset proces: "I am now suffering a new problem, namely, images are missing, If you go to the home page of my site hidden link and you scroll down to the "populaire producten" section, the first product "Hondenharnas met gepersonaliseerde tekst" shows no image. Then when you go to the product, some more images in the product gallery are missing. See the images I added, it will show the problem. It is not just happening on this product, but on many other products as well. This gives off a very unprofessional look to my website

September 25, 2023 at 9:36 am
September 25, 2023 at 12:31 pm #14458307

thomasV-73

The regeneration of thumbnails you proposed didn't do anything at all...

September 27, 2023 at 7:45 am #14470981

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

I'll continue to help you with this issue.

I read the chat you had with Noman, my colleague. Thanks for following his advice and regenerating the images.

Do you have a backup of your site before you reset WPML and when the missing images were still showing?

Also, could you please share your site's Debug information with me?

You can read about it here.

http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Regards,
Itamar.

September 27, 2023 at 9:35 am #14472281

thomasV-73

Yes, I have a backup from before I did reset when the images were still showing.

As for the debug information, does this mean I need to reactivate WPML?
Do I also need to reactivate WPMLS's accessory plugins?
Is the fact that I already did a WPML reset not going to cause any problems with the debug file?

September 27, 2023 at 9:53 am #14472571

Itamar
Supporter

Hi,

I'm sorry it was my mistake to ask you to share the debug information, as obviously, you cannot get it because WPML is no longer active on your site.

I'll access your site now to check if I can better understand the cause of the problem. I'll keep you updated here.

September 27, 2023 at 10:05 am #14472625

Itamar
Supporter

Hi,

Earlier today when I checked your site, I could see the problem you described with the "Hondenharnas met gepersonaliseerde tekst" product. The image was missing under the "Populaire producten" section. But when I check it now, it shows, and I cannot see the problem—also, all the images of the product show when I check the product page. Please see the attached screenshots.

Maybe the regeneration of the thumbnails helped this time. Or maybe you already fixed the problem.

Can you please confirm that it is fixed now?

If it is not fixed please let me know where I can see other products with missing images.

2023-09-27_12-58-26.jpg
2023-09-27_12-58-07.jpg
September 27, 2023 at 11:14 am #14473231

thomasV-73

It is NOT fixed. I redownloaded the missing images for that product and reuploaded them manually to that product. I did that because that is my nr. 1 bestselling product. There are still many products where this problem is occuring. If you go the the following pages you will see more products which are dealing with this issue (there are more products with this issue that I know of):

hidden link
hidden link

Also, the problem on some products might not be on the cover image, but on different images in the product gallery, or maybe even on the product variant images, so just scrolling through all the pages of my shop might not show all the affected images, the only way to find out all the affected images is by going through all of my products and checking for the variant images as well (which is a huge task since I have over 400 products)

September 27, 2023 at 1:03 pm #14474347

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, and thanks for sending me links with more products that have this problem.

To investigate this issue further, I will need the backup of your site before you reset WPML and when the products have all the images. You can upload it to a service like Google Drive or Dropbox and share the link with us. For this, I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

What will we check?
We will check if, with a copy of your site, the problem indeed occurs because of resetting WPML. And if so, try to discover the reason it happens. Please understand that we need to replicate the problem in order to understand it. Also, please know that we may be able to explain to you how to fix the issue from the point before resetting WPML, but we might not be able to provide a fix to your site in its current state. But we'll do our best to help you.

October 3, 2023 at 8:24 am
October 3, 2023 at 6:01 pm #14508127

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, and thanks for the file.

I downloaded and saved it. Please let me know once I can continue.

October 4, 2023 at 9:32 am #14511369

thomasV-73

Hello, 2 things:

1: Can you please verify if the download was 3.3GB? (because my Dropbox account only had 2GB of space so I maybe they cut the file short or something)

2. Can you plese make my next reply private so I can send you the download link for the database?

October 6, 2023 at 7:08 am #14524533

Itamar
Supporter

Hi,

1. The size of the downloaded file is 3.3GB. Please see the attached screenshot.

2. I enabled a private message to the following reply.

2023-10-06_10-05-43.jpg
October 6, 2023 at 7:58 am
October 8, 2023 at 12:37 pm #14534511

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, and thanks for sharing the DB with us.

The package of your site was huge, and I could not install it on my local server. After installation, I received the ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED error.

I'm consulting our second-tier supporters about this case and how we can help you further. I'll update you once I have news from our second-tier supporters.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.